Old November 7th 03, 01:02 AM
Howard

Default Iambic paddle plans

Hello there, I am looking for plans to build an iambic paddle with PCB
material. I had found one on the net but then got a virus on my
computer and lost it when I reformatted my drive.

It was not one of the tiny ones, and now that I need it, I can't find
the website to save my life!

So, if you have a favorite website with this sort of info, I'd
appreciate it if you'd send the URL along to me.

Thanks in advance for any possible help.

de WA2AFD
Old November 7th 03, 01:30 AM
Swells8044

try WWW.amqrp.org web sight and look in the projects page

Old November 7th 03, 01:30 AM
Swells8044

try WWW.amqrp.org web sight and look in the projects page

Old November 7th 03, 08:22 AM
PaoloC

Howard wrote:

Hi

Hello there, I am looking for plans to build an iambic paddle with PCB
material. I had found one on the net but then got a virus on my
computer and lost it when I reformatted my drive.

I have the URL bookmarked at home, and a printed version of that page as
well. I actually built that key with my very limited drilling/sewing
tools, and haven't really operated it. Can't send the link until Monday,
sorry.

When I operate CW I use my first attempt to build a IAMBIC key that uses
two mini-switches back to back. I does make a little clicking noise and
operates up to 15WPM. You can see some pictures at
http://www.qsl.net/ik1zyw/hardware/key/index.html .

Still, both designs are very simple and give an idea of what kind of
controls you want from a IAMBIC key (distance, spring tension, return
speed, ...). Good for operating a few contacts at low speed.

72,
Paolo IK1ZYW