Old November 11th 03, 04:29 AM
jim&julz

Default Michigan Mighty Mite question...

Greetings...
Has anyone here actually built the MMM and had success w/ it? I've tried it
2 times on the bread board and each time ... nothing. I have followed the
schematic perfectly, but I get absolutely no output at all (per the
frequency counter, and FS meter).

The only thing that I can think of that might be off, is the crystals that
I'm using. They're not specifically transmitter crystals... just ones that
I've scrapped out of junk. I was using a 10.145Mhz Xtal w/ the 30meter coil
directions. Is there actually a difference w/ xtals, other than frequency?
Also for the variable cap, I'm using a variable cap from an old am/fm
radio... I assume this will work.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried and failed, or tried and succeeded.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Jim