Old November 13th 03, 11:34 PM
zindazenda

Default inductor identification..

need to id an inductor..its marked up 220..

i should know this but my minds gone blank...how does the coding go??
obviously first 2 digits are the value and last multiplyer so to speak..so
22 what..nh?uh? etc

thanks..

Old November 13th 03, 11:49 PM
JGBOYLES

need to id an inductor..its marked up 220..

22 pico-henries? A 220 cap would be a 22 pico-farad. Sorry, my advise would
be measure. And you are right, we both should know this.
73 Gary N4AST

Old November 14th 03, 09:01 AM
Dieter Mayr

Hi all

But red/red/black should be 22 micro Henry's , shouldn't it ?

73
Dieter, OE2CDM

"Melvyn T Phillips" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Try 220 Micro Henry's :-)
RED/RED/BLACK

Old November 15th 03, 12:36 AM
J M Noeding

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:01:15 +0100, "Dieter Mayr"
wrote:

Hi all

But red/red/black should be 22 micro Henry's , shouldn't it ?

73
Dieter, OE2CDM

220 is red-red-brown, usually, but you never know which standard they
follow, or perhaps they have their own standard, so even when they
write figures 220 could mean 22 or 220 µH, and pF if it was a
capacitor....

see the comments from W6WRT, too

73, LA8AK
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/