Old December 1st 03, 04:41 AM
Dana Myers

Howard wrote:

One manager mentioned that components are no longer a real concern of
management and that he is under the impression that "parts" are on the
way out soon.

I'm personally wondering how Radio Shack remains relevant in
the face of Best Buy and other big-box consumer electronics
outlets. In other words, I wouldn't be that surprised to see
Radio Shack stores leave business before too long.

Dana
Old December 1st 03, 04:50 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Dana Myers wrote:

I'm personally wondering how Radio Shack remains relevant in
the face of Best Buy and other big-box consumer electronics
outlets. In other words, I wouldn't be that surprised to see
Radio Shack stores leave business before too long.

Dana

I was in the Oaks Mall in Ocala the other day where I counted six
booths selling pager and cell phones down the center of the mall, and
there were probably a couple more in some of the other stores.
--
25 days!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old January 4th 04, 06:03 PM
BJ

Yes, now they only sell toys, cell phones and Direct TV systems.
"Howard" wrote in message
om...
Recent visits to my local Radio Shack for even the most simple
components has left me disappointed. Recently I had the need for 5
10uf electrolytics at any voltage really, and could not find them at 3
local stores.

There used to be a selection of 25 or so IC's that were widely used
and popular...no more tho.

Even a simple LM386 could not be found around here.

Also, the parts are now being jammed into these ugly parts bins as if
to hide them from view.

Is this the same situation where you live?

One manager mentioned that components are no longer a real concern of
management and that he is under the impression that "parts" are on the
way out soon.

Wouldn't that just be the way...the old local electronics places are
out of business, and the Shack eliminates their parts. They sure do
have answers, don't they?

de WA2AFD

Old January 5th 04, 03:18 AM
John Moriarity

They sure do have answers, don't they?

de WA2AFD

Yes, and most of them are wrong!

73, John - K6QQ

Old January 5th 04, 03:18 AM
John Moriarity

Old January 5th 04, 04:45 AM
Larry Gagnon

John Moriarity wrote:

They sure do have answers, don't they?

de WA2AFD

Yes, and most of them are wrong!

73, John - K6QQ

Besides, their parts were and always have been complete crap anyways, so not
a great loss really...

Larry VE7EA
--
********************************
to send direct email remove "fake"

Old January 5th 04, 05:16 PM
Jim Weir

Yes, but even crap on a late Sunday afternoon when the project demo was due on
Monday morning was a blessing...

Jim

-Besides, their parts were and always have been complete crap anyways, so not
-a great loss really...

Jim Weir, VP Eng. RST Eng. WX6RST
A&P, CFI, and other good alphabet soup