Old December 29th 03, 12:39 AM
DOUGLAS SNOWDEN

I think I remember seeing something about this at AG6K
web site. I built a 3-1000Z amp once and strung 1N5400 series diodes
together. Of course the bias was lower.

Doug N4IJ

wrote in message
Skip wrote:

Hello List,

I am looking for a source for a Zener Diode. I am building an HF
Amplifier using a GS-35b and the schematic I'm using to build the amp
calls for a 36v 50w zoner diode for bias. Here in New Zealand there
does not seem to be anyone with anythings close to what I need.

Also, would it be possible to string a few lower volt watt zeners
together to come up with a close value to what is needed?

Thanks for the help

Skip..

36V Zeners are available from www.bgmicro.com. I'm not sure about the
power rating though. You might have to use it with a transistor to
handle the current.

Rick

Old January 15th 04, 06:26 PM
larry

Greetings

Unfortunately I can only read 2 or the responces...

May I ask what the zener diode is regulating voltage for....?

wrote in message
Skip wrote:

Hello List,

I am looking for a source for a Zener Diode. I am building an HF
Amplifier using a GS-35b and the schematic I'm using to build the amp
calls for a 36v 50w zoner diode for bias. Here in New Zealand there
does not seem to be anyone with anythings close to what I need.

Also, would it be possible to string a few lower volt watt zeners
together to come up with a close value to what is needed?

Thanks for the help

Skip..

36V Zeners are available from www.bgmicro.com. I'm not sure about the
power rating though. You might have to use it with a transistor to
handle the current.

Rick

Sources for Replacement diode for Struthers Electronics TS-1285/URM-120 h-f pickup David J Windisch Equipment 0 May 4th 04 11:30 AM
FS: Ameritron QSK5 pin diode unit Lew/ K1NDV Equipment 0 May 2nd 04 04:58 PM
Jennings diode jleer Boatanchors 0 January 12th 04 01:22 AM
Need Source for Diode in TS-1285/URM-120 Wattmeter 2-30 MHz Plug-in Sensor, pls David J. Windisch Equipment 6 July 8th 03 05:15 PM
Need Source for Diode in TS-1285/URM-120 Wattmeter 2-30 MHz Plug-in Sensor, pls David J. Windisch Equipment 0 July 8th 03 12:20 AM