Old December 6th 03, 09:48 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default HP 8640B LF ??

I've got an HP 8640B Opt 2, and am quite satisfied with it's performance but
this one doesn't go below 500KHz since it doesn't have Opt 1. I have
several choices and would like some user opinions if anyone has a
comparison. I can buy an HP 11710B down converter which will divide the 50
to 61 MHz band down to 10 KHz thru 11 MHz or an HP 11710A that divides 5 to
5.5 MHz to 5 KHz thru 500 KHz. The HP 11710 A&B are quite differnt in size,
appearnce and I wonder if the B is that much that I should only consider it?
In addition, I could try to find an HP 8640B with Opt 1 that includes an
internal audio oscillator that covers 20 Hz to 600 KHz, and sell my unit.
But I don't think I'd have phase lock available which is nice but probably
not mandatory. I'm not sure how the Opt 1 works with the attenuator.
At the present time I'm using a HP 606A a sizeable beast
that goes down to 50 Kc. I also have an HP 3586C which is quite good
as a Sig Gen, I got it becasue I wanted to listen to LF! So I is it an
11710,
an Opt 1 trade or something else, I wouldn't mind recovering some space!
Any user experience with these units appreciated.
thanks
hank wd5jfr

FS: HP 8640b opt 323.. [email protected] Boatanchors 0 May 29th 04 02:33 PM
FS: HP 8640b opt 323 [email protected] Boatanchors 0 May 26th 04 01:49 PM
FS HP 8640B SIGNAL GENERATOR [email protected] Boatanchors 0 May 24th 04 02:25 PM
HP 8640B LF ?? Henry Kolesnik Homebrew 6 December 7th 03 05:42 AM
HO 8640B LF ? Henry Kolesnik Boatanchors 0 November 22nd 03 10:08 PM