Old December 8th 03, 12:55 AM
Paul Burridge

Default Measuring radiation resistance

Hi guys,

How does one go about measuring (with a reasonable degree of
accuracy) the radiation resistance of antennas? And when I say
"antennas" I mean any radiator from a balanced dipole through to a
random length of wet string with a damp matchbox for a ground plane.
Must it be done with a noise bridge or is there another way that
requires no special test equipment (aside from a scope/sig.gen etc.).
I'm primarily interested in checking out highly *non*-ideal antennas
for use in non-ideal situations/locations.
--

"I expect history will be kind to me, since I intend to write it."
- Winston Churchill