Old December 16th 03, 05:41 PM
rob34

Default 40673 Mosfets

I have a small quantity of RCA 40673 mosfets for anyone interested. I
will sell them for $2.50 each. These are NOS and I am selling them at
half the market value. If you get them through NTE they are over $11.00
or you get them through Dan`s small parts (if he has any) at$5.00 each.
Thanks, Rob
Old December 16th 03, 11:26 PM
Henry Kolesnik

I think I remember the number from the dlate 1960s but can't recall what
their main use was, refreesher?
tnx
hank wd5jfr

Old December 16th 03, 11:42 PM
JGBOYLES

I think I remember the number from the dlate 1960s but can't recall what
their main use was

The 40673 as I recall was a dual gate FET. Used in mixers and other stuff
dual gates were used. They were in a small metal package (TO-??) with 4 leads.
I think I remember their orginal application was CB xcvrs.
73 Gary N4AST
Old December 17th 03, 12:05 AM
Michael A. Terrell

JGBOYLES wrote:

I think I remember the number from the dlate 1960s but can't recall what
their main use was

The 40673 as I recall was a dual gate FET. Used in mixers and other stuff
dual gates were used. They were in a small metal package (TO-??) with 4 leads.
I think I remember their orginal application was CB xcvrs.
73 Gary N4AST

A lot of early solid state garage door openers used it, as well.
--
9 days!

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old December 18th 03, 09:15 PM
J. Yazel

Some years ago, all of the radio magazines had many articles with
40673's. About every third article had at least one (slight
exaggeration).

Jack W8RAG

That's not really a surprise. It's always been a constant that
a handful of parts are used in the magazines. By sticking to
a few parts, it guarantees that you will be able to get those
parts, since small companies that deal with the hobbyist will
carry those parts. And then in turn it guarantees that the
parts will be used.

Besides, many articles were traditionaly a variant on something
that had already been published. So someone looks in the magazines,
and picks parts (or even whole circuits) based on what they see,
and then write about it.

I've always tended to look at those common parts as a designator
for a generic category of something. So a 40673 is a dual gate
MOSFET, and likely some other similar part will fit the situation.
After all, if someone was going for extreme performance, it would
not be a common part.

Michael VE2BVW

That's a good idea except that few hams have the expertise to modify
a circuit for a different IC even if it is similar.

Jack W8RAG

F.S. RCA 40673 Mosfets Rob Boatanchors 2 November 15th 04 10:05 PM
F.S. RCA 40673 Mosfets Rob Boatanchors 0 November 15th 04 10:52 AM