Old December 21st 03, 11:19 AM
Eike Lantzsch, ZP6CGE

Paul Burridge wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:57:48 GMT, Allan Butler
wrote:

Allan Butler wrote:

OK here is what is going on as far as I know now.

The 3.5 MHz transmitter is to study sea wave propagation at that frequency
over sal****er at a defined altitude.

Well then you're stuck with 80 meters. But I'd guess 5W output would
be plenty for your purposes. However, I'd be very interested in the
type of antenna you eventually settle on for this unusual purpose.
Nothing really springs to mind as being particularly suitable...

Zeppelin Antenna comes to mind. It was invented for this purpose.
If you can do with a wire antenna hanging off the baloon about 60m
down is another story.

Kind regards, Eike

FS: RF Concepts 2 meter all-mode amplifier RFC 2-417 Jim Young Equipment 1 March 10th 11 08:49 AM
Gates Radio amplifier amdx Homebrew 0 December 7th 03 01:25 AM
How Clean is a Palomar 300A? mike Equipment 8 August 9th 03 11:23 PM
FS: RF Concepts 2 meter all-mode amplifier RFC 2-417 Jim Young Equipment 0 July 21st 03 05:39 PM