Old December 17th 03, 07:48 PM
Nicholas Randal

Default CAT Programming with FT-857

I have succesfully set up a program to read and write values based on the
operating manuel. I would like to be able to read and write memory channels
though which are much easier to setup on a computer screen then through the
radio, especially considering naming of the channels. Does anyone know the
communication sequence when the radio is in cloning mode. I have seen
programs like FTBasic read from the radio using this method. I would like
to provide a program free to hams in my area. I am not willing to pay $30
just to read and write memory channels, when I know I can write a nice
interface to do it. I just need the communication protocals for sending and
receiving in cloning mode. any help would be much appreciated.