Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 2nd 04, 10:08 PM
Roy Lewallen

The W7ZOI crystal filter design and crystal measurement methods are described
in detail in _Experimental Methods in RF Design_, published by the ARRL and
available from numerous sources. It should be every serious experimenter's
library.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Tom Bruhns wrote:
If you have access to old QSTs, you should be able to find articles
about measuring crystal parameters. Look especially for things by Wes
Hayward, W7ZOI. There's a fairly simple crystal-tester you can build
to measure enough parameters to extract equivalent L, Cs, Cp and R, I
believe. I 'spose someone will pop in with a more specific reference
for you.

Cheers,
Tom

"Virgil Smith" wrote in message news:3iNHb.504277$275.1417484@attbi_s53...

I have a bunch of oddball crystals that I want to test. I know I can just
build up a generic oscillator to find the
resonant frequency, but out of curiousity I would like to
know the quality of the things, too.

Anyone know of any neat ideas for measuring the Q of a
crystal?

I would welcome any and all suggestions,

-vs-

Crystal Oven Pinout Hans Summers Homebrew 0 November 17th 03 02:57 PM
Crystal Oven Pinout Hans Summers Homebrew 0 November 17th 03 02:57 PM
IF/BFO crystal Brokebob Homebrew 2 November 10th 03 02:40 AM
IF/BFO crystal Brokebob Homebrew 0 November 10th 03 01:22 AM
Please help id crystal holders Michael A. Terrell Boatanchors 1 October 4th 03 05:31 AM