Old January 2nd 04, 10:00 PM
J M Noeding

Default AM Detector Info

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:04:25 -0500, Jake Brodsky
wrote:

That doesn't look like a synchronous detector to me. It's not a bad
circuit, but it has no synchronous oscillator to replace a selectively
faded carrier.

Instead it limits the carrier to recover it cleanly. This will work
only as long as the sidebands never approach the magnitude of the full
carrier. If they do (as they would in a deep fade) you'll get total
garbage coming out of the detector.

73,

Since it was some interest for it, I've put some different approaches
on my page http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c11.htm
Also came across a similar detector used for SSB/AM in Drake R4245
receiver (for 50kHz IF)
Have tested MC1351P, MC1496CP, S042P, TBA120 for similar applications
and reference is shown on the page.

It is somewhat frustrating to see new AM receivers presented - even
using ring mixers and smd components - but they forget about the
detector, at least they could have used a simple quadrature detector

73
Jan-Martin
LA8AK
--
Amount of SPAM is so large that MailWasher must delete 99% of the incoming mails
Cannot check every email manually. Please use intelligent title for email.