Old January 1st 04, 05:03 PM
Vaughn Combs

Default Homebrew questions...

Greetings,

I figured that this would be one of the BEST groups to ask these questions.
I am
getting back into building after quite a while. I am putting in a section in
the attic shack for testing and fabrication and I have started to equip
things. I already have some relatively good test gear, Tektronics 475A,
DM44, sig generator, etc. but want to set up for fabrication. I have been
wondering what most of you find as indispensible on your benches. I really
want a PCB vise/holder that would aid in the fabrication process.

If any of you do your own design/fab of PCBs I would also be very interested
in what you find are the best tools/techniques. If you are using software to
go from circuits to black PCB mask I am VERY interested in this
(freeware/shareware is best). I have been reading some of the sites but I am
most interested in what you as experienced homebrewers like the MOST.

I have done some kit building and fab long ago but I have been out of it for
quite some time. I have ordered an elecraft K1 to get my soldering back into
shape ;-)

Many Thanks and 73,
Vaughn