Old January 3rd 04, 01:48 AM
Rob Mills

Default P-Touch Labeler?

Has anyone used a Brother P-Touch labeler with the 1/4 in clear tape with
the black lettering to letter home brew projects? Seems to me that it would
be easier than press on lettering. RM~

Old January 3rd 04, 02:26 AM
Gary S.

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 19:48:05 -0600, "Rob Mills"
wrote:

Has anyone used a Brother P-Touch labeler with the 1/4 in clear tape with
the black lettering to letter home brew projects? Seems to me that it would
be easier than press on lettering. RM~

We had one where I used to work. Looks much neater, and is much
faster.

The one that hooks up to a PC is really nice.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Old January 3rd 04, 02:43 AM
Rob Mills

"Gary S." Idontwantspam@net wrote in message

The one that hooks up to a PC is really nice.

That's the one (2300) I just bought from Office Max (on sale /$79) but
haven't done anything with it yet. I wish they had the 1/4 in clear tape
with white letters, seems like it would be great for panels but guess black
will have to do. RM~

Old January 4th 04, 06:36 AM
Tim Wescott

There's an article in the December or January QST about using a laser
printer to make labels. Basically you design your whole front panel and
print it out on a laser-printer compatible transparancy, then stick the
transparancy onto your project. If you're doing it at work and can't make
sure that you'll get to the printer in time to feed it the stuff, you print
it on white paper then copy it onto the transparancy.

Office supply and art stores carry the stuff, but the art stores have a
better selection.

I used to work at a place that made front panels that way on short runs of
commercial equipment -- you do the laser printing on one sheet, then
carefully apply another clear sheet over that (and accept the rejects when
you get wrinkles and bubbles). The result was not distinguishable from a
professionally made label, and didn't require the $$$ for setup from the
commercial label houses.

"Rob Mills" wrote in message
Has anyone used a Brother P-Touch labeler with the 1/4 in clear tape with
the black lettering to letter home brew projects? Seems to me that it

would
be easier than press on lettering. RM~

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services