Old January 15th 04, 09:46 PM
Mike W

Default FRG-100 What power connector ?

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to identify the power connector used in the Yaesu FRG-100.
It appears, at first glance to be a standard 2.1mm tubular power
connector but it is actually somewhat different looking a little like
a shrouded coaxial connector.
Does anyone know what its called and where, preferably in UK, I can
obtain one.
There is no mention in either the Users Manual or the Service Manual.
thanks, Mike W, G8NXD qthr
Old January 15th 04, 09:58 PM
Mike Andrews

Mike W wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to identify the power connector used in the Yaesu FRG-100.
It appears, at first glance to be a standard 2.1mm tubular power
connector but it is actually somewhat different looking a little like
a shrouded coaxial connector.
Does anyone know what its called and where, preferably in UK, I can
obtain one.
There is no mention in either the Users Manual or the Service Manual.
thanks, Mike W, G8NXD qthr

I'm using a bog-standard power connector, bought at Radio Shack, to
supply power to my FRG-100. I took it in and ran through the sample
connectors until I found one that fit, then bought it, a heavy-duty
12V power supply, a female cigarette lighter connector, and a cord to
go from cigarette lighter to the universal connector that the coaxial
power connector plugs into. Works _fine_

--
There was an actual St. Chad. He was an early English abbot, whose claim to
fame was that he was elected bishop of York but his election was nullified