Old January 16th 04, 06:04 PM
Frank Dinger

Default 50 MHz transverter ( was : rx for a 10 year old)

Ralph , Tnx vy much for your prompt response.

The said Yaesu FTV901R transverter has a slot for a 6m module.

From the manual ,it works with a 22 MHz crystal for the 50 - 52 MHz portion
of the band.

The manual states that the transverter includes a 'selective passband filter
which effectively eliminates spurious signals', probably including the 2nd
harmonics of 10 m you referred to.

I found another 28 to 50 MHz transverter design in a rather authoritative
book : 'The VHF/UHF DX Book' edited by Ian White ,G3SEK

What I would prefer doing is to build a 50 MHz transverter to work with the
FTV901R ,making it a neat 3 band package.

Another advantage is that the matching HF transceiver has a separate low
power output to suit the transverter with the one I have already having the
144 -146 and 430 - 440 MHz band modules,which are the bands allocated to
amateur radio in ITU Zone 1 ,which includes Europe.

Again , tnx for your response . As always I find the amateur radio homebrew
NG a stimulating forum for enthousiasts.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH based in Scotland UK

Question : Is the Ten-Tec 6m transverter also available for 28 MHz e.g.

RX : 50 -- 28 MHz ; TX : 28 --- 50 MHz

or can the 14 to 50 MHz transverter be readily modified for

operation from a 28 MHz base unit ?

Reason for the above question : I have an old (but almost unused)

Yaesu FT901DM HF transceiver with a FTV901R transverter with 2m

and 70cms modules but without a 6 m module.

The system works through the HF transceiver's 28 - 30 MHz band . In

Europe the 6m band is from 50 - 52 MHz.

The 20 to 6 meter converter is made to operate in the low end of 6 meters.

The US band is 50 to 54 mhz but TT does not recommend operating much

above

52 mhz with their transverter.

They do make a 2 meter to 6 meter transverter so you could run you

equipment and feed it to the trtansverter to get on 6 that way.

Converting from 10 meters to 6 meters is not done very often as it is

difficult to keep the 2nd harmonic of 10 meters out of the 6 meter output.

By changing crystals and a few tuned circuits I don;t see why you

could not make the converter work with a 10 meter rig. It might be

difficult to filter out the 10 meter signal.

Go here and look at their products.

http://www.tentec.com/

I was having trouble reducing the lowband rig output to 5 to 10 watts

needed by the transverter. I finally designed a hard keying circuit

and also bypassed part of the transverter padding and fed the low

level (milliwat) signal into the transverter. It worked fine by doing

that and no worries about blowing out the backend of the transverter.

73 de ku4pt

FT 902DM- FTV-901 transverter - TS 790 triband ( Values ?? ) RenoRadio Equipment 0 June 4th 04 07:02 AM
Dayton this year TK41C Boatanchors 5 June 1st 04 05:48 AM
microwave modules transverter 2 - 6m paul405 Equipment 0 February 29th 04 06:02 PM
Ten Tec 1208 Six-Meter Transverter NI4L Equipment 0 October 11th 03 03:36 PM
Ten Tec 1208 Six-Meter Transverter NI4L Equipment 0 October 11th 03 03:36 PM