Old February 16th 04, 01:05 AM
Bob Monaghan

Default How do you use an LCC SMD device - holders or carriers or ??

Greetings,

I would like to use a ceramic 8 lead LCC device (accelerometer) in a
project but wonder on the best way to mount and use it in a one-off
project? The device is 5x5mm square, three contacts on each side and one
contact on top and one on the bottom (total 8). So we are dealing with 1mm
spacing - eeek! ;-)

Are there snap in holders which can be used to mount these devices and
prototype with them, sort of like chip sockets for 14 pin DIPs, with wire
fanout to pads for soldering or connections?

I have searched online, but the closest I have found is the surfboard
series for surface mount devices (digikey etc.). This still leaves the
issue of soldering in such close and tiny spaces. Given $20+ per device,
I would like to find something which would allow direct snap in mounting.

Is there such a device available? Who stocks and sells them?

Thanks very much for your help in this project!

regards

bob monaghan W5VC
* Robert Monaghan POB 752182 Southern Methodist Univ. Dallas Tx 75275 *