Old March 3rd 04, 02:59 PM
Stéphane Rey

Default designing a 1240-1300MHz VCO

Hello everybody,

I would like to design a VCO able to cover from 1240 and up to 1300 MHz in a
PLL system.
This will be part of the 23cm transceiver project.

I've seen that Maxim has the MAX2754, intended for 1.2GHz operation. The
datasheet shows it can reach 1300MHz.
Has anybody experienced this component in PLL at such frequencies ?

Otherwise, do you have some schematic examples to suggest with transistor
but without PCB coils

Regards

Stephane, F1TJJ

Old March 5th 04, 06:38 AM
Richard Hosking

Stephane

If you get QEX, the latest issue has a DDS/PLL board that might suit you
Alternatively, see http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx/synth.html
for details
Instead of the Minicircuits ROS 2100VW specified, use a ROS 1410 or ROS
1500. Are far as I am aware, they are pin compatible. You would need to
make some adjustments to the loop filter values and supply volts etc.

Richard
VK6BRO