Old March 8th 04, 06:57 PM
J Shrum

Default Question about toroid vs. air core coil.

Greetings,
As a newbie to RF building, I have noticed that some instructions tell you
how to wind the coil, and they give you the value of the coild as well...

In my scenario, the inductor in question is a .72uhy which the directions
state to use 17 turns of #30 around a toroid. I don't have the requested
toroid, so I was just going to wind a .72uhy inductor around a 1/2W 5M ohm
resistor.

This will just the same right? Whether its a .72 on a toroid, or a .72 on a
resistor... they are both the same, correct?

Thanks for your help.
James Shrum - KC9FFX