Old March 18th 04, 05:27 AM
Gregg

Behold, qrk signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:03:06 +0000, Paul Burridge
wrote:

Hi,

They look worryingly inductive on visual inspection (there are metal
foils rolled up in thar by the look of it.) And yet the CPC catalogue
says that their properties make them ideal for use in filters. Has
anyone any remarks (favourable or otherwise) to make about the use of
this type of cap in filter apps?

p.

They're great for LC filters. If you choose your ferrite right, you can
have a pretty stable filter over temperature.

Air-core my good man, air-core ;-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Old March 19th 04, 02:17 AM
Terry Given

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:45:34 -0000, "Emoneg"
wrote:

"Paul Burridge" wrote in message
.. .
| Hi,
|
| They look worryingly inductive on visual inspection (there are metal
| foils rolled up in thar by the look of it.) And yet the CPC catalogue
| says that their properties make them ideal for use in filters. Has
| anyone any remarks (favourable or otherwise) to make about the use of
| this type of cap in filter apps?

Silly boy......

Sorry. I'll try not to ask such *stupid* questions again.

no stupid questions, unless you ignored the answers last time.....

remember, things you know are easy. Its the things you dont know that are
hard.

Old March 19th 04, 02:17 AM
Terry Given

Old March 19th 04, 02:35 AM
qrk

wrote:

Hi,

They look worryingly inductive on visual inspection (there are metal
foils rolled up in thar by the look of it.) And yet the CPC catalogue
says that their properties make them ideal for use in filters. Has
anyone any remarks (favourable or otherwise) to make about the use of
this type of cap in filter apps?

p.

They're great for LC filters. If you choose your ferrite right, you can
have a pretty stable filter over temperature.

Air-core my good man, air-core ;-)

Try air-core with 500+ uH. Then pack em in to a small area. That's
what I get for being a low-freq weenie.

Old March 19th 04, 06:43 AM
Gregg

Behold, qrk signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

Air-core my good man, air-core ;-)

Try air-core with 500+ uH. Then pack em in to a small area. That's what
I get for being a low-freq weenie.

Ah! I too am a LowFER - Made a 6Hy coil in about 4 sq. inches on my
winding jig. No current capacity but a great 20-76KHz preselect for the
vacuum tube RX :-)