Old March 23rd 04, 10:43 PM
Bob P

Default Broadband tube driver circuit needed

Want to have broadband (7-28 Mhz) 1 Watt (50 Ohms) class A solid state
amplifier driving grid of 6L6 tube to about 2 or 3 mA grid current, tube is
biased to about -65 Volts for class C operation with 550 Volts on the plate.
I don't want to have any tuned circuits in the 6L6 grid if I can avoid it.
As of now, the 6L6 has a 6CL6 driver feeding tuned grid circuit, easily gets
2-3 mA.
My goal is to eliminate the driver tube and the tuned grid circuit.

Anyone have knowledge of toroid(s) that might be required, turns ratio,
material, etc.?
Do I need a more driving power ? Probably could get 2 Watts out of my driver
circuit if need be.

thanks
Bob
kb8tl at yahoo dot com