Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 27th 04, 02:22 PM
Paul Burridge

Default What's the value of this inductor?

Hi guys,

I have some surplus axial inductors marked as follows:

uH27 -K
GEL

I would have thought this implied 0.27uH or 270nH? GEL is presumably
the maker. However, there's no resonance at 17.6Mhz with 300pF in
parallel as might be expected of an inductor of that value. There *is*
however, a resonance at 50.6Mhz., which implies that the inductors are
actually 33nH. I'm confused. Anyone have any idea as to how to
determine the value absolutely? Are makers' marking to be trusted at
all?
--

The BBC: Licensed at public expense to spread lies.

18nH Inductor Joe Antenna 28 October 9th 04 09:50 PM
WTB Roller Inductor John Boatanchors 2 April 2nd 04 04:03 AM
Power Inductor Optimization... [email protected] Homebrew 6 February 23rd 04 03:03 PM
Power Inductor Optimization... [email protected] Homebrew 0 February 22nd 04 05:11 AM
Current in antenna loading coils controversy - new measurement Yuri Blanarovich Antenna 69 December 5th 03 02:11 PM