Old April 3rd 04, 07:48 PM
Onno

Default 4CX5000

Hallo again.

This is specialy for Eddy and Dave

I just finish the building and testing of my 4CX5000 final.
Buy the way....I build the Broadcast Electronics version.
Today i tested the amp with an driving power of 150 Watts and the
output power was 8000 Watts. It ran it on 7000 volts and it consume
about 1.8 amp.
I alsow find out that the tube is not a 4CX5000A but a 4CX5000J/8909.
I measure the filament current so thats wy the 10.000 watts is not in
reach.
The difference between these tube's is the maximum frequency range.
The 5000A runs till 220 mhz and it's brother...the5000J runs till 100
mhz.
But still i feel pretty good about this project.
If You wanna see a picture of this final amp just mail me and i will
send You one.
Thanks for supporting me.

Greetings from Holland............Onno