Old April 7th 04, 04:48 AM
Jeremy Salch

Default building a duplexer

Does anyone have plans or a website that has plans for building a duplexer
with 2m / HF inputs ?

--
Registered Linux User #346565

Old April 7th 04, 02:39 PM
Paul_Morphy

"Jeremy Salch" wrote in message

I have one which has a input for 0-90Mhz then 120-500Mhz on the other

side,
and it puts them both onto one coax line. Is that called a duplexer as

well
or is it called something else ?

'Duplexer' is a term used to describe devices that provide greater isolation
between the ports than what you seem to have. They are used on repeater
stations where the transmitter and receiver operate simultaneously on
frequencies close together. The transmitter is producing anywhere from a few
watts to several hundred watts, and the receiver cannot be 'desensed.' The
duplexer acts as a sharp filter as well as a combiner, allowing both units
to use the same antenna.

There are other names for similar devices, which vary in sophistication. The
simple TV-antenna splitter allows two receivers to use a common antenna, but
you don't get much isolation between the output ports and you wouldn't
transmit much power through one. There are power splitters and combiners
that you can buy or build. As you have not stated the application it is
impossible to tell you what you need. Could you be more specific about what
it is that you are intending to do with this device?

"PM"

Old April 8th 04, 01:36 AM
Jeremy Salch

Paul_Morphy wrote:

[...]

Ok Here is the run down.

I have one "duplexer", which is what it is labeled as from comet, that has 2
inputs for 1.3-30Mhz and 49-470Mhz

and i'm needing / wanting another one for the following purpose.

I have one run of coax going from my radios to outside where my antennas are
and I need to try to use the coax for both HF and for VHF/UHF SO I need a
one of these devices inside at the radio end to get both HF and 2m/440 onto
the coax.. then another one at the other end to split it off again to goto
seperate antennas.

--
Registered Linux User #346565

Old April 8th 04, 04:58 AM
Paul_Morphy

"Jeremy Salch" wrote in message
and i'm needing / wanting another one for the following purpose.

I have one run of coax going from my radios to outside where my antennas

are
and I need to try to use the coax for both HF and for VHF/UHF SO I need a
one of these devices inside at the radio end to get both HF and 2m/440

onto
the coax.. then another one at the other end to split it off again to goto
seperate antennas.

http://www.texastowers.com/cmtduplx.htm

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...m/cduplex.html

http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/acatalo...duplexers.html

Someone in Europe must be selling these, as I'm sure they're not made in the
U.S.

"PM"

Old April 8th 04, 05:33 AM
Jeremy Salch

Paul_Morphy wrote:

"Jeremy Salch" wrote in message
and i'm needing / wanting another one for the following purpose.

I have one run of coax going from my radios to outside where my antennas

are
and I need to try to use the coax for both HF and for VHF/UHF SO I need

one of these devices inside at the radio end to get both HF and 2m/440

onto
the coax.. then another one at the other end to split it off again to

goto
seperate antennas.

http://www.texastowers.com/cmtduplx.htm

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...m/cduplex.html

http://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/acatalo...duplexers.html

Someone in Europe must be selling these, as I'm sure they're not made in

the
U.S.

"PM"

yes those are exactly what i'm looking into trying to build, I can't afford
to buy one and i thought it would be interesting to attempt to build one,
or at least see if it is possible

--
Registered Linux User #346565

Old April 8th 04, 05:50 AM
Paul_Morphy

"Jeremy Salch" wrote in message

yes those are exactly what i'm looking into trying to build, I can't

afford
to buy one and i thought it would be interesting to attempt to build one,
or at least see if it is possible

They aren't cheap, I noticed that. Probably all of 3/10 of a Euro to make.

Maybe this will work:
http://home.datacomm.ch/hb9abx/diplhf6m-vuhf.html

Says he got up to 100 W on HF and 50 W on 70 cm. He has an email address,
too..

73,

"PM"