RadioBanter

-   -   Solar cell modules (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/22791-solar-cell-modules.html)

Tom Del Rosso April 22nd 04 10:13 PM

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message

Sourcing INTO the power grid is also supported in Arizona. Apparently
there are a few customers here who produce more than their own
consumption and get PAID every month. (Not difficult at all if you
own at least an acre of property.)

How do they regulate the current they draw? I mean since the capacity
will vary.

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-

Kay Lasman April 30th 04 03:09 AM

In article rSCgc.657$Gq3.274@newsfe1-win,
says...

Now a wind generator would be cool, there are many windmils of huge size

here,
one next to my house (100m or so), a BIG one that replaced 5 smaller

ones...
It is on the coast, and it is always windy here...
How big is that thing?
JP

As I reported in a previous message its rated capacity is only 150 Watts.
6 Blades , 900 mm diameter, max rpm approx 250 , 3 phase generator ( DC
through one and a half standard 25 Amperes bridge rectifiers)
The thing sits on a street lamp post with an extension (approx 8 metres
above ground.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH