Old April 12th 04, 10:29 PM
H. Peter Friedrichs

Default Homebrew crystals for transmitters

Hello, All:

Rumor has it that QST featured an article in a January/1930 or January/1935
issue on the subject of homebrew transmitter crystals - how cut, lap, and
mount them. If anyone has QST on CDROM for those years, I'd sure appreciate
if you could take a look.

Remove XXX's and ZZZ's if you wish to reply directly, and thanks.

Pete
AC7ZL

Old April 13th 04, 01:41 AM
Tim Wescott

H. Peter Friedrichs wrote:
Hello, All:

Rumor has it that QST featured an article in a January/1930 or January/1935
issue on the subject of homebrew transmitter crystals - how cut, lap, and
mount them. If anyone has QST on CDROM for those years, I'd sure appreciate
if you could take a look.

Remove XXX's and ZZZ's if you wish to reply directly, and thanks.

Pete
AC7ZL

"Cutting Quartz Crystal Plates". QST, January 1935, page 36.
Unfortunately that's from my swiftly-rotting paper issue, and I don't
have a scanner.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Old April 13th 04, 03:48 PM
Paul Burridge

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:41:41 -0700, Tim Wescott
wrote:

H. Peter Friedrichs wrote:
Hello, All:

Rumor has it that QST featured an article in a January/1930 or January/1935
issue on the subject of homebrew transmitter crystals - how cut, lap, and
mount them. If anyone has QST on CDROM for those years, I'd sure appreciate
if you could take a look.

Remove XXX's and ZZZ's if you wish to reply directly, and thanks.

Pete
AC7ZL

"Cutting Quartz Crystal Plates". QST, January 1935, page 36.
Unfortunately that's from my swiftly-rotting paper issue, and I don't
have a scanner.

Aw, c'mon, Tim. Photocopy and snail it to the guy!

Old April 13th 04, 04:53 PM
Tim Wescott

wrote:

H. Peter Friedrichs wrote:

Hello, All:

Rumor has it that QST featured an article in a January/1930 or January/1935
issue on the subject of homebrew transmitter crystals - how cut, lap, and
mount them. If anyone has QST on CDROM for those years, I'd sure appreciate
if you could take a look.

Remove XXX's and ZZZ's if you wish to reply directly, and thanks.

Pete
AC7ZL

"Cutting Quartz Crystal Plates". QST, January 1935, page 36.
Unfortunately that's from my swiftly-rotting paper issue, and I don't
have a scanner.

Aw, c'mon, Tim. Photocopy and snail it to the guy!

Oh wait! Look -- out there, through that big thing that looks like an
aluminum-framed monitor! There's trees! There's a sky! There's smelly
old cars putting things into the box on the road by my driveway! It's
it's -- the real world! Dang! I forgot about that.

Suitably chastised, the respondent offers:

If you're interested send me your address, I'll bleach out a few pages
worth of my precious vintage ink (you'll see the irony of that when you
get the copies), and send you the stuff.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Old April 13th 04, 05:21 PM
Steve Nosko

"H. Peter Friedrichs" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello, All:

Rumor has it that QST featured an article in a January/1930 or

January/1935
issue on the subject of homebrew transmitter crystals - how cut, lap, and
mount them. If anyone has QST on CDROM for those years, I'd sure

appreciate
if you could take a look.
Remove XXX's and ZZZ's if you wish to reply directly, and thanks.
Pete
AC7ZL

Pete,

I have my Dad's grinding stuff, but don't do it. One thing to keep in
mind, and I don't know the details, but remember that the crystal activity
is effected by the edges. Grinding the edges is one of the more esoteric
aspects.
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

Old April 13th 04, 05:37 PM
Eddie Haskel

Rumor has it that QST featured an article in a January/1930 or

January/1935
issue on the subject of homebrew transmitter crystals - how cut, lap,

and
mount them. If anyone has QST on CDROM for those years, I'd sure

appreciate
if you could take a look.

Ah yes..the good 'ol days of grinding FT-243 Xtals with toothpaste(or
comet)to go up, and writing on the blank with #2 pencil lead to take them
down a few Kilocycles....Eddie

FS SX-117 Crystals Bob Boatanchors 2 October 18th 03 02:29 AM
FS SX-117 Crystals Bob Boatanchors 0 October 17th 03 02:03 PM
Newbie homebrew qrp question; nobody hears me John Sandin Homebrew 32 October 9th 03 08:01 PM
Newbie homebrew qrp question; nobody hears me John Sandin Homebrew 0 October 5th 03 05:42 AM
FS: 40 Meter Crystals (FT-243) Bill Golden Boatanchors 0 August 25th 03 09:42 PM