Old April 20th 04, 04:07 PM
David Roper

Default Solid State Design For The Radio Amateur

Can anyone tell me where I could obtain a copy of the ARRL's book "Solid
State Design for the Radio Amateur" Secondhand or new in any condition.
M0DAD

Old April 20th 04, 07:21 PM
Harold E. Johnson

Can anyone tell me where I could obtain a copy of the ARRL's book "Solid
State Design for the Radio Amateur" Secondhand or new in any condition.
M0DAD

It's pretty close to obsolete, you'd be well served to buy the brand new
Experimental Methods in RFDesign. However, I have always maintained 2
copies, one for the shop and one for the reading room you know. I just was
the recipient of gifts from two very kind fellow hams, Donnie Lee and John
Larkin, and in an attempt to repay their thoughtfulness would happily mail
you one of my two copies of SSD if you'll send me your snail mail address.

Regards

W4ZCB

Old April 20th 04, 07:28 PM
Roy Lewallen

Just in case you might not know. . .

There's a newer book that contains a lot of the same information, plus
more, and a CD with some very useful programs and data. It's
_Experimental Methods in RF Design_, by Hayward, Campbell, and Larkin,
available from the ARRL and many bookstores.

Unless you want _Solid State Design_ for a collection, you might
consider the newer book.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Old April 20th 04, 10:17 PM
Gary Morton

David Roper wrote:
Can anyone tell me where I could obtain a copy of the ARRL's book "Solid
State Design for the Radio Amateur" Secondhand or new in any condition.
M0DAD

David,

if you are lucky you will find a copy at a radio rally. I bought a copy
for 50p at the Swansea Radio Rally. I also saw a copy at the Yeovil QRP Radio
Rally but at a cost of £5. I've seen copies at other rallies too.

I've nearly read the book from cover to cover and it is indeed an excellent
reference. I have learned much.

regards...

--Gary

Old April 22nd 04, 01:56 AM
Bob P

My interest was heightened but Experimental Methods cost $50 on the ARRL web
site! More than the handbook.
A copy of Solid State design went on ebay for $10.50 recently
Bob
kb8tl

Old April 22nd 04, 02:43 AM
Harold E. Johnson

My interest was heightened but Experimental Methods cost $50 on the ARRL

web
site! More than the handbook.
A copy of Solid State design went on ebay for $10.50 recently
Bob
kb8tl

And both worth it at twice the price.

W4ZCB