Old April 29th 04, 12:47 AM
Ken Scharf

Default ladder filters

I just got a deal on ebay for 8.3886 mhz crystals (414 pcs for $9.99).
Should be able to make a few good ssb and cw filters out of that!
They look like std microprocessor types (hc49/u holders) though this
isn't a common microprocessor frequency. Guess I'll start with 100pf
coupling caps, any good guess on what the termination resistance might
be? (I'm looking for a bw suitable for ssb, probably about 2.1khz).
Hope this frequency doesn't have any bad mixer products (but I can
always pick either high or low side injection if necessary).
Old April 29th 04, 11:42 AM
W3JDR

See "Ladder Crystal Filter Design", by J. A. Hardcastle, November 1980, QST
and "A Unified Approach to the Design of Crystal Ladder Filters", by Wes
Hayward, May 1982, QST.

Joe
W3JDR

. ..

Old May 1st 04, 10:33 PM
W3JDR

Ken,
While rummaging through my archives, I found a link to the articles I
referenced. Let me know if you want them.

Joe
W3JDR

"W3JDR" wrote in message
See "Ladder Crystal Filter Design", by J. A. Hardcastle, November 1980,

QST
and "A Unified Approach to the Design of Crystal Ladder Filters", by Wes
Hayward, May 1982, QST.

Joe
W3JDR

. ..

Old May 2nd 04, 01:47 AM
Ken Scharf

W3JDR wrote:
Ken,
While rummaging through my archives, I found a link to the articles I
referenced. Let me know if you want them.

Joe
W3JDR

I don't seem to have either QST in my collection (there are a few years
from 1980-1983 I'm missing). So yes thanks!

"W3JDR" wrote in message

See "Ladder Crystal Filter Design", by J. A. Hardcastle, November 1980,

QST

and "A Unified Approach to the Design of Crystal Ladder Filters", by Wes
Hayward, May 1982, QST.

Joe
W3JDR

t...

Old May 2nd 04, 06:06 PM
Eamon Skelton

On Sat, 01 May 2004 20:47:10 -0400, Ken Scharf wrote:

I don't seem to have either QST in my collection (there are a few years
from 1980-1983 I'm missing). So yes thanks!

http://www.cqham.ru/ftp2/QST78_82LadderFlr.djvu

73, Ed. EI9GQ.

--
Remove 'X' to reply by E-mail.
Linux 2.6.5

Ladder line question ???? Bob Antenna 2 April 24th 04 04:54 AM
ladder filters Ken Scharf Homebrew 8 April 24th 04 03:56 AM
Ladder Line question please? exray Boatanchors 0 April 23rd 04 11:39 PM
ladder filters Ken Scharf Homebrew 0 April 22nd 04 02:55 PM
Ladder Line or Coax For Reception only? Walter Antenna 12 October 11th 03 03:16 AM