RadioBanter

-   -   Heat sink sources (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/22937-heat-sink-sources.html)

John Walton April 29th 04 03:15 PM

Heat sink sources

the heat sinks in my Digikey, Mouser, etc. catalogs aren't of sufficient C/W
capacity (2 - 5 C/W). Can anyone suggest one or more sources which will
sell for TO-220 style devices in small quantities?

John Popelish April 29th 04 03:29 PM

John Walton wrote:

the heat sinks in my Digikey, Mouser, etc. catalogs aren't of sufficient C/W
capacity (2 - 5 C/W). Can anyone suggest one or more sources which will
sell for TO-220 style devices in small quantities?

Are you willing to drill holes?
http://www.wakefield.com/pdf/Extruded_Heat_Sink.pdf
These are available from Digikey.

--
John Popelish

Leon Heller April 29th 04 04:14 PM

"John Walton" wrote in message
the heat sinks in my Digikey, Mouser, etc. catalogs aren't of sufficient

C/W
capacity (2 - 5 C/W). Can anyone suggest one or more sources which will
sell for TO-220 style devices in small quantities?

I made my own some time ago for two TO220 devices from a piece of Al
channel. It was much easier to mount on my PCB than any of the commercial
ones and had plenty of dissipation for my application.

Leon