Old April 29th 04, 03:15 PM
John Walton

Default Heat sink sources

the heat sinks in my Digikey, Mouser, etc. catalogs aren't of sufficient C/W
capacity (2 - 5 C/W). Can anyone suggest one or more sources which will
sell for TO-220 style devices in small quantities?

Old April 29th 04, 03:29 PM
John Popelish

John Walton wrote:

the heat sinks in my Digikey, Mouser, etc. catalogs aren't of sufficient C/W
capacity (2 - 5 C/W). Can anyone suggest one or more sources which will
sell for TO-220 style devices in small quantities?

Are you willing to drill holes?
http://www.wakefield.com/pdf/Extruded_Heat_Sink.pdf
These are available from Digikey.

--
John Popelish

Old April 29th 04, 04:14 PM
Leon Heller

"John Walton" wrote in message
the heat sinks in my Digikey, Mouser, etc. catalogs aren't of sufficient

C/W
capacity (2 - 5 C/W). Can anyone suggest one or more sources which will
sell for TO-220 style devices in small quantities?

I made my own some time ago for two TO220 devices from a piece of Al
channel. It was much easier to mount on my PCB than any of the commercial
ones and had plenty of dissipation for my application.

Leon