Old April 30th 04, 07:19 AM
Dr.Ice

Default VHF / UHF PA 30mWin / 10W out

Hi,

I am searching for an Layout of a 10W output PA for my Transverter. I need
just one for 2m and one for 70cm. Has anyone a Layout or schematic to build
it on my own ?

Thanks

Markus

Old April 30th 04, 07:56 AM
Gregg

If you need that much gain, you're best off with an amp module from
Motorola or someone.

At VHF, 30mW in for 10W out will have serious stability problems if done
discretely and if not layed out just perfect.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Old April 30th 04, 11:19 AM
Scott

http://www.rfparts.com/

They have a ton of "brick" modules by Motorola, Mitsubishi, etc. These
devices are the cat's a**! They basically need DC power and In/Out pins
hooked up. As others mentioned, some are for FM/CW and some are linear
(SSB, AM, etc.)

Scott

Old April 30th 04, 11:37 AM
Highland Ham

I am searching for an Layout of a 10W output PA for my Transverter. I need
just one for 2m and one for 70cm. Has anyone a Layout or schematic to

build
it on my own ?

==========================
Suggest you consider Mitsubishi RF Power modules (still available)

for 144 - 148 MHz : M57713 P(max) =
10W (for linear duty)
M57719
P(max) = 21 W
M57715
P(max)= 20 W
or Toshiba SAV17
P(max)= 25 W
or Motorola MHW612
P(max)=25W

For 430 -450 MHz M57716 P(max)= 10
W ( for linear duty)
M57729
P(max)=?
or Toshiba S-AU4
P(max)= 10W

Not all the modules might be suitable for linear operation (SSB) so you have
to check with supplier.

Here in the UK a supplier still carrying these Mitsubishi power modules is
Mainline Electronics - Leicester
www.mainlinegroup.co.uk

An excellent book for homebrew transverters and power amps with the above
modules :
The VHF / UHF DX Book , edited by Ian White , G3SEK.

Frank , GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old April 30th 04, 01:45 PM
G.Beat

"Dr.Ice" wrote in message
Hi,

I am searching for an Layout of a 10W output PA for my Transverter. I need
just one for 2m and one for 70cm. Has anyone a Layout or schematic to
build
it on my own ?

Thanks

Markus

You can always look at the Elecraft XV transverter layout (e.g. 50, 144, 222
MHz)
- or just build the kit. The 70 cm version is due later this year - BUT
will require
a different board layout.
http://www.elecraft.com/XV/XV.htm

This design can handle .01 mW to 8 W input.
http://www.elecraft.com/manual/XV%20...004a%20web.pdf

w9gb

Old April 30th 04, 02:49 PM
xpyttl

RF Parts is nice because they tend to have stuff you can't get anywhere
else. HOWEVER, one caution ... if somebody else has it, somebody else will
almost always be cheaper. Of course there are exceptions to prove the rule,
but they are definitely the high-priced spread.

Some of those modules do look like they are -exactly- what OP was looking
for, tho.