Old May 4th 04, 07:18 PM
Andy Bullington

Default audio filter and the MAX295

I want to build the "continuously variable audio filter" that's been in the
Handbook recently but it seems the main chip, the Maxim MAX295 is out of
production.
Does anybody know of a source for these or an easy substitution? Thanks.
Andy W1AWB

Old May 4th 04, 08:01 PM
John Walton

Check Newark Electronics www.newark.com -- one of theoft-cited problems with
Maxim is that they run out of production when a chip becomes less popular.

Jack

Old May 5th 04, 12:20 PM
Andy Bullington

Thanks Jack....Newark doesn't have them either. I KNOW their out there
somewhere but no luck so far. Very interesting about Maxim....too bad...

Old May 6th 04, 12:34 AM
John Moriarity

I want to build the "continuously variable audio filter" that's been in
the
Handbook recently but it seems the main chip, the Maxim MAX295 is out of
production.
Does anybody know of a source for these or an easy substitution? Thanks.
Andy W1AWB

Andy,

Try the following URL. It lists a lot of
places to try.

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_Obsol_IC.html

73, John - K6QQ

Old May 6th 04, 01:25 AM
Ken Scharf

John Moriarity wrote:
I want to build the "continuously variable audio filter" that's been in

the

Handbook recently but it seems the main chip, the Maxim MAX295 is out of
production.
Does anybody know of a source for these or an easy substitution? Thanks.
Andy W1AWB

Andy,

Try the following URL. It lists a lot of
places to try.

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_Obsol_IC.html

73, John - K6QQ

Isn't that chip currently used in the K2 transceiver? Where is
Electcraft getting them?

Old May 6th 04, 02:55 AM
Andy Bullington

I built a K2 and I'm not finding the MAX295 in the manual or in the parts
list for the optional audio filter.
There is a MAX534 but that's a totally different chip.
If they DO use it in something I could just get a pair from them.