Old May 8th 04, 05:06 AM
Greg Nelson

Default Spice Toroid Model

#1.) I recently built a basic Hartley VCO and made measurments on it
with a scope.

#2.) I thought that I would make a model of it with Micro-Cap and see
how well the simulation matched the real thing.

#3.) I used 2 inductors to model the torroid(probably a mistake).
When I simulated the VCO it worked. However voltage measurments of
the top part of the inductor and the lower part(tap) were in phase.
This did not match my scope measurements of the real thing.

#4.) Is there a model available in Micro-Cap for a toroid?

#5.) I also have access to Micro-Sim Pspice. Is this a better
package? Is there a model for this package?

Thanks!

Greg