RadioBanter

-   -   Moderated group uk.radio.amateur.moderated now available (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/230023-moderated-group-uk-radio-amateur-moderated-now-available.html)

Mike Tomlinson December 21st 15 11:08 AM

Moderated group uk.radio.amateur.moderated now available

En el artículo , Stephen Thomas Cole
escribió:

This
group, all the while it's populated by deranged cretins like Gareth Alun
Evans G4SDW

Still desperately trolling for attention, fortunately it's falling on
stony ground. Just as it should be.

It's the reason we had the moderated group created, remember?

It's encouraging to see it doing so well, with several technical threads
underway and no unpleasantness. Now that the teething problems with
email forwarding to the mods have been sorted, perhaps it's time to let
other, related, groups know that uk.ram is available?

I'm thinking of groups like rec.radio.amateur.homebuuilt and
rec.radio.amateur.antenna where Evans has ruined the reputation of UK
amateur radio and the newsgroup uk.radio.amateur with his antics.

By way of crossposting this, I'll let users of these groups know there
is now a sane, moderated alternative available where Evans's antics
won't be permitted, and where they will be very welcome.

Just to let anyone interested know - moderation on uk.ram is 'light
touch'. Anything broadly related to amateur radio and related technical
matters is welcome. Moderation is carried out on subject matter, not
the authors of posts.

There is a charter at:

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.radio.am...uk.radio.amate
ur.moderated

Crossposted.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!

gareth December 21st 15 11:46 AM

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message
I'm thinking of groups like rec.radio.amateur.homebuuilt and
rec.radio.amateur.antenna where Evans has ruined the reputation of UK
amateur radio and the newsgroup uk.radio.amateur with his antics.

How can speaking up for the technical and gentlemanly traditions of amateur
radio and criticising
abusive and infantile remarks, such as yours above, be either described as
antics
or ruining any reputations?

Take, stock, Sonny, your vendetta against me borders on the seriously
unhinged.

Stephen Thomas Cole[_3_] December 21st 15 11:58 AM

Moderated group uk.radio.amateur.moderated now available

Brian Morrison wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 11:08:47 +0000
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

It's encouraging to see it doing so well, with several technical
threads underway and no unpleasantness.

Do they have to bring an apple for teacher?

You appear to be seriously gotten to, OM. If only you'd get over yourself
and submit a post to ukram and join in with the discussions there, you'd be
so much happier. I know all that old "opposed to moderation" claptrap
you're keen to spout, but you're cutting your own nose off to spite your
face here. I have no sympathy for you.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Mike Tomlinson December 21st 15 12:14 PM

Moderated group uk.radio.amateur.moderated now available

En el artículo , Brian
Morrison escribió:

Do they have to bring an apple for teacher?

Ooh, sour grapes. That's beneath you, Brian. Why don't you open your
mind, put your prejudices aside, join up and see for yourself?

You don't have to stick around if you don't like it; that's the whole
premise of the group.

--
(\_/)

Mike Tomlinson December 21st 15 12:30 PM

Moderated group uk.radio.amateur.moderated now available

En el artículo , Brian
Morrison escribió:

I won't be posting to ukram though, not my thing at all.

Fair enough. All the best for the season, Brian. Cheers :)

--
(\_/)

Stephen Thomas Cole[_3_] December 21st 15 03:45 PM

Moderated group uk.radio.amateur.moderated now available

Brian Morrison wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 12:14:37 +0000
Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Ooh, sour grapes. That's beneath you, Brian.

Yes, you're right, I shouldn't have posted that, I was writing
something more erudite but changed my mind.

I won't be posting to ukram though, not my thing at all.

But bitching about it across Usenet seems to be.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Stephen Thomas Cole[_3_] December 21st 15 03:45 PM

Moderated group uk.radio.amateur.moderated now available

Brian Morrison wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

It's encouraging to see it doing so well, with several technical
threads underway and no unpleasantness.

Do they have to bring an apple for teacher?

You appear to be seriously gotten to, OM. If only you'd get over
yourself and submit a post to ukram and join in with the discussions
there, you'd be so much happier. I know all that old "opposed to
moderation" claptrap you're keen to spout, but you're cutting your
own nose off to spite your face here. I have no sympathy for you.

What you're forgetting is that I can post anywhere and be perfectly
polite and happy without needing anyone to reject what I have to say
for any spurious or specious reason.

So can I, OM. Feel free to stalk my output in other groups if you wish to
verify this.

For that reason I won't use
moderated groups.

If what you will post is as above board as you postulate it will be, then
it won't get rejected and you won't have your nose put out of joint.

I am also entirely uninterested in sympathy from anyone thank you,

Good, because you don't have mine.

those that require a higher power to control them are the ones in need
of that.

Sounds like you're talking about ukra's notorious bible basher, Frank
Hunter GI4NKB.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur

gareth December 21st 15 05:04 PM

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
I'm thinking of groups like rec.radio.amateur.homebuuilt and
rec.radio.amateur.antenna where Evans has ruined the reputation of UK
amateur radio and the newsgroup uk.radio.amateur with his antics.

Possibly some of the Email reflectors he polluted as well. At least one
was
really active until he started his nonsense.

And your evidence for this is? ....

.... hidden to us all as once again you run away and hide when you are
challenged?

Once again, Brian, M3OSN, old chum, it is you , and you alone who originates
on a daily basis the abuse that youseek to lay at my door.

Why do you always behave in such a negative, anti-social and destructive
manner?

Have you nothing nice ot say about anyone on Usenet?

Jim GM4DHJ ...[_2_] December 22nd 15 08:07 AM

Moderated group uk.radio.amateur.moderated now available

Well, Jim has been allowed to post his idiocy and Cummins' some nonsense.
As I predicted, Hayter is turning his blind eye to his chums. Just wait
until Frank and Spike decide to pitch in.

Not even the masons rejected me ....