Old January 28th 16, 10:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

Default RFD away?

Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 1/28/2016 4:22 PM, A. non Eyemouse wrote:
On 28/01/2016 15:39, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

Actually, rram used to be a usable group, with some traffic even as
recently as 2-3 years ago. But the current moderators have driven
everyone away.

I haven't heard anyone say anything good about the way the mods spam
multiple newsgroups by posting copyrighted material without the owners'
permissions.

I'm all against the spamming, but it raises an interesting question - If
you are referring to syndicating the content and the blog author has
published at atom or rss feed then surely it is implied that they are
giving permission to re-distribute it?

Or did you mean some other copyrighted material?

By international law, any published material, whether on the internet or
otherwise, is copyrighted and cannot be copied without the explicit
permission of the owner. This includes atom and rss feeds. These may
be distributed to their subscribers, but the subscribers may not
republish without the owners consent.

It's like a newspaper. I get a copy of the Washington Post every day.
I can read it. I can mention articles in passing. But I cannot
republish the article without the Post's permission.

Copyright law makes no distinction. It's the same in both cases.

Whilst I certainly don't speak absolutely definitively, so please don't
take my assertions as gospel, AIUI the rram mod seeks permission from the
author to repost their material. I've seen direct reference to the request
being made in at least 2 or 3 articles posted in the last couple of years.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur
Old January 28th 16, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

On 1/28/2016 5:31 PM, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
Jerry Stuckle wrote:
[...]

In some cases, maybe. But there have also been posts by the authors
saying they didn't know their blogs were being reposted to usenet. I've
seen this a couple of times in the last year.

I wonder if one asked each of the authors being posted if they had given
their permission, what the results would be.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old January 29th 16, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

En el artículo ple.org
, Michael Black escribió:

He could post to the rec.radio.amateur.moderated, and he isn't likely to
get an answer. Except for the filler crossposted between there and other
newsgroups, it's a pretty dead newsgroup, has been since the beginning.

He (and you and anyone else) is welcome in uk.radio.amateur.moderated.
It's fairly low-traffic at the moment, but the discussions so far have
been of high quality. Quality, not quantity.

Moderation ensures that posts from the demented idiot who wrecks
uk.radio.amateur complete with malicious crossposts to .antenna,
..equipment, .homebrew etc. to maximise the annoyance factor simply don't
see the light of day.

Come along and say hello.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Old January 29th 16, 09:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

On 29/01/2016 00:45, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo ple.org
, Michael Black escribió:

He could post to the rec.radio.amateur.moderated, and he isn't likely to
get an answer. Except for the filler crossposted between there and other
newsgroups, it's a pretty dead newsgroup, has been since the beginning.

He (and you and anyone else) is welcome in uk.radio.amateur.moderated.
It's fairly low-traffic at the moment, but the discussions so far have
been of high quality. Quality, not quantity.

Especially if you like computers, fixing the causes of broken web sites,
or reading the occasional snow report. There's rather less mention of
Amateur Radio topics. However, as the number of posts declines after the
initial enthusiasm has worn off, the group needs all the posts it can
get. Three posters, one of which has limited technical knowledge, post
one quarter of al traffic to date. Half of the 58 contributors to date
post less than once a week. A disturbing proportion of those that voted
for the group have neither posted at all, or posted a few times and have
since disappeared

Moderation ensures that posts from the demented idiot who wrecks
uk.radio.amateur complete with malicious crossposts to .antenna,
..equipment, .homebrew etc. to maximise the annoyance factor simply don't
see the light of day.

That also goes for those who have spent the last three years wrecking
havoc on UKRA. But it should be noted that these people post far more on
UKRA than UKRAM. I'm not of the psychopathology that drives these
actions, but it's interesting to watch.

Come along and say hello.

Please do.

--
Spike

"They thought that because they had power, they had wisdom"

- with apologies to Stephen Vincent Benet

Old January 29th 16, 10:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

In message , Spike
writes
, Michael Black escribió:

He could post to the rec.radio.amateur.moderated, and he isn't likely to
get an answer. Except for the filler crossposted between there and other
newsgroups, it's a pretty dead newsgroup, has been since the beginning.

He (and you and anyone else) is welcome in uk.radio.amateur.moderated.
It's fairly low-traffic at the moment, but the discussions so far have
been of high quality. Quality, not quantity.

Especially if you like computers, fixing the causes of broken web
sites, or reading the occasional snow report. There's rather less
mention of Amateur Radio topics.

You continue to fail to understand that uk.r.a.m is not a 100%
strictly-highy-technical-only-about-amateur-radio newsgroup. It's
supposed to like the uk.r.a cesspool could be - if it wasn't for all the
****.

However, as the number of posts declines after the initial enthusiasm
has worn off, the group needs all the posts it can get. Three posters,
one of which has limited technical knowledge, post one quarter of al
traffic to date. Half of the 58 contributors to date post less than
once a week. A disturbing proportion of those that voted for the group
have neither posted at all, or posted a few times and have since disappeared

I have to admit that I really can't work up the enthusiasm to be
'disturbed' by it.

Moderation ensures that posts from the demented idiot who wrecks
uk.radio.amateur complete with malicious crossposts to .antenna,
..equipment, .homebrew etc. to maximise the annoyance factor simply don't
see the light of day.

That also goes for those who have spent the last three years wrecking
havoc on UKRA. But it should be noted that these people post far more
on UKRA than UKRAM. I'm not of the psychopathology that drives these
actions, but it's interesting to watch.

If I could make an observation:
I might be wrong, but I get the impression that since the creation of
uk.r.a.m, in this cesspit there actually seems to have been an increase
in the number of ****-free posts. Maybe some are learning from
uk.r.a.m's example?

Come along and say hello.

Please do.

Oh, do come along. You actually might enjoy it!
--
Ian

Old January 29th 16, 10:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
If I could make an observation:
I might be wrong, but I get the impression that since the creation of
uk.r.a.m, in this cesspit there actually seems to have been an increase in
the number of ****-free posts. Maybe some are learning from uk.r.a.m's
example?

You are wrong, for all that has happened is that we who stand up for the
traditions
of amateur radio have continued in that vein whereas the troublemakers who
voted for
UKRAM, because they couldn't behave unless the kindergarten teacher was
standing over them, have been ostracised.

So the proportion of decent civilised posts may well have increased, but
only
because the troublemakers have been ostracised and, presumably, have
stopped posting now that they no longer receive the oxygen of publicity.

Old January 29th 16, 01:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

If I could make an observation:
I might be wrong, but I get the impression that since the creation of
uk.r.a.m, in this cesspit there actually seems to have been an increase in
the number of ****-free posts. Maybe some are learning from uk.r.a.m's
example?

no brian is still making them and trying to bate gareth but gareth is not
rising to it......look at his katie hopkins post....he just can't leave it
alone......proves he is one of the culprits ....

Old January 29th 16, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

naw brian just taunted you......

Old January 29th 16, 01:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

I'll have to take your word for that, but without further comment.

Old January 29th 16, 04:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur

"gareth" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
[...]

it was the beginners house taunt .....