Old February 10th 16, 10:08 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default PME (Protective Multiple Earthing) CAUTION.

En el artículo , rickman
escribió:

Yes, he is pretty much a f'ing twit,

We're agreed there then. By the way, we're all adults here. I presume
you're American/Canadian and like your compatriots are squeamish about
the use of four letter words, but he's a ****ing twit, not an f'ing
twit.

but if you met someone like
that on the street or in a public place would you get into an insult
contest with him? No, you would just leave him alone because he is a
wacko. Why not do that here as well?

Because, in response to a mild criticism of his posting style, he took
it upon himself to send a malicious email to my employer insinuating I
was a paedophile in an attempt to get me dismissed. Fortunately, they
saw through it for what it was and laughed it off as the work of a
loony. Others have not been so lucky.

The result of a poison pen email to the employers of another poster was
that he ended up in court being handed his arse on a plate along with a
criminal conviction for sending a malicious communication, a tongue
lashing from District Judge Simon Cooper and liability for costs, plus a
warning that next time it happened he would be looking at doing prison
time. Since then he's (just) stayed behind the white line.

http://tinyurl.com/cqdfxlw

There have been in the past several other, very similar, cases where he
has contacted the employers of those that incur his displeasure with
malicious allegations. He seems to have a particular bee in his bonnet
about anyone who works in the education system (as I, and the poster he
ended up facing in court, did.)

On one memorable occasion he wrote to the King of Bahrain to try and
cause trouble for a Brit expat who was working in that country,
insinuating that he was spying. I assume you know that the Gulf states
are particularly unforgiving when it comes to law-breakers. That was a
particularly nasty, spiteful thing for Evans to do, but not at all out
of character.

With respect, you haven't been round here long enough to appreciate just
what a nasty piece of work he is. I'd sue him, but he lives on welfare
in a council hovel with rusting wrecks on the drive and doesn't have a
penny to his name. He's not worth suing, and I wouldn't waste the time
on him anyway, so the best thing I can do is to warn others about his
behaviour.

Do you think trying to wreck someone's career is a proportional response
to mild criticism on usenet? I posted using my own name, using my
personal ISP account, in my own time, and he took the trouble to
research me and find out who I worked for (not hard, given at the time I
was listed on my employer's staff website. I'm retired now with a nice
payoff on a very comfortable pension), and contacted them in order to
maximise the distress and harm to me when the appropriate action would
have been to contact me using the real, working email address and other
information that I include in every post I make to Usenet.

I'm not going to continue this point. You and several here seem to feel
that Gareth's nature is such

that his malicious nature is worth warning others about, yes. The man
is a basket case and needs to learn that actions have consequences.

Fortunately, as others have noted, uk.ra is circling the plughole
(=drain to leftpondians). Later this year, I or someone else will
produce a RFD proposing that it is removed. The best thing to do with a
festering pile of **** is to flush it down the toilet, and that is what
will happen.

In the meantime, uk.ram is available for those who wish to make use of
it without having to deal with all the crap that goes on in in uk.ra.

Evans has already appeared in uk.ram under a pseudonym posting from a
Usenet provider notorious for being abused by trolls (but in no way
sanctioned by that provider). He has in the past abused that same
provider under multiple pseudonyms. I've notified the administrator to
warn him.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Old February 10th 16, 11:59 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc

On 2/10/2016 5:08 PM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

Do you think trying to wreck someone's career is a proportional response
to mild criticism on usenet? I posted using my own name, using my
personal ISP account, in my own time, and he took the trouble to
research me and find out who I worked for (not hard, given at the time I
was listed on my employer's staff website. I'm retired now with a nice
payoff on a very comfortable pension), and contacted them in order to
maximise the distress and harm to me when the appropriate action would
have been to contact me using the real, working email address and other
information that I include in every post I make to Usenet.

Clearly you have suffered trauma. So your response to that trauma is to
come here and be a nuisance?

that his malicious nature is worth warning others about, yes. The man
is a basket case and needs to learn that actions have consequences.

But that is not what you do. You just get your jollies by denigrating
him and in the process trash these groups. This is the first in this
entire thread where you have mentioned these events. Even when you do
report on his indecent behavior, that does not justify the other dozens
or even hundreds of posts that are just you getting your jollies off.

Fortunately, as others have noted, uk.ra is circling the plughole
(=drain to leftpondians). Later this year, I or someone else will
produce a RFD proposing that it is removed. The best thing to do with a
festering pile of **** is to flush it down the toilet, and that is what
will happen.

Only because the few of you continue to wreck this group.

In the meantime, uk.ram is available for those who wish to make use of
it without having to deal with all the crap that goes on in in uk.ra.

By "crap", you mean *your* crap, right?

It is entirely within your power ("your" being the collective including
the other few of you who argue with Gareth) to end the abuse of this
group.

I can see none of this is getting through though. I really need to just
give up.

--

Rick
Old February 11th 16, 04:55 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc

En el artículo , rickman
escribió:

I can see none of this is getting through though

Ditto.

. I really need to just
give up.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
(")_(")

PME (Protective Multiple Earthing) CAUTION. Mike Tomlinson Equipment 2 February 11th 16 04:55 AM
Earthing Ian[_5_] Antenna 3 August 18th 12 07:09 PM
Why doesn't Mark want to bare the sole responsibility of his actionsof lauding false charges against an innocent ham (Brian Crow) K3VR to FloridaChild Protective Services... Dloyd Lavies[_2_] Antenna 45 December 14th 07 12:47 AM
General enquiry about Aerials and Earthing John O'Donoghue Scanner 0 September 15th 07 01:48 PM
Caution Indicatior ?? John Scanner 0 April 3rd 04 01:15 AM