Old May 11th 04, 04:16 PM
Tim

Default calculate RF choke?

I'm sure this is in the handbook, but darned if I can find it.

I'm using a MAR-6 after a DDS and filtered output for a little gain into a
passive mixer, the DDS will be used for 1-30 MHz or so, how do I calculate
the value of the RF choke at the DC supply side? I hope this question is at
least coherent...

Tim ka8ddz

Old May 11th 04, 06:36 PM
Leon Heller

"Tim" wrote in message
I'm sure this is in the handbook, but darned if I can find it.

I'm using a MAR-6 after a DDS and filtered output for a little gain into a
passive mixer, the DDS will be used for 1-30 MHz or so, how do I calculate
the value of the RF choke at the DC supply side? I hope this question is

at
least coherent...

It's optional, especially at such low frequencies. I wouldn't bother with
it, just use the resistor mentioned in the data sheet.

73, Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Old May 11th 04, 10:53 PM
maxfoo

On Tue, 11 May 2004 11:16:12 -0400, "Tim" wrote:

I'm sure this is in the handbook, but darned if I can find it.

I'm using a MAR-6 after a DDS and filtered output for a little gain into a
passive mixer, the DDS will be used for 1-30 MHz or so, how do I calculate
the value of the RF choke at the DC supply side? I hope this question is at
least coherent...

Tim ka8ddz

Read their appnote on biasing mmic amps...
http://www.minicircuits.com/appnote/an60010.pdf

Remove "HeadFromButt", before replying by email.

Old May 12th 04, 01:50 AM
Tom Bruhns

"Tim" wrote in message ...
I'm sure this is in the handbook, but darned if I can find it.

I'm using a MAR-6 after a DDS and filtered output for a little gain into a
passive mixer, the DDS will be used for 1-30 MHz or so, how do I calculate
the value of the RF choke at the DC supply side? I hope this question is at
least coherent...

Leon's response is a quick, practical solution for you, but if you'd
like more details go to the source. Minicircuits has applications
info online. See for example
http://www.minicircuits.com/appnote/an60010.pdf

Cheers,
Tom