Old April 3rd 16, 03:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [KE9V] Suffering Fools

Perturbation

Suffering Fools

http://ke9v.net/2016/04/02/suffering-fools/

There was no update here yesterday. I despise April Fools and all the
tomfoolery that attends it. Especially online. You read some bit of
seemingly shocking news only to find that you just wasted three minutes of
your life that you cant get back. This nonsense would be illegal in any
decently run society.

But there was some actual news yesterday. LNR Precision announced two new
transceivers. The five-band CW only Mountain Topper by Steve Weber and the
LD-11, a new 160-6m all-mode affair with a built-in panadaptor in a
portable size. The KX3 may have some competition after all.

There might be a new HF/mobile transceiver from Yaesu but its not an
FT-817 replacement. That ship has sailed.

The MacHamRadio site might close soon and Eric had a QSO with Grayson
Evans, TA2ZGE, author of the book, Hollow State Devices and he lets us
listen in on the QSO Today Podcast.

KY6R recently reflected on the end of the current solar cycle and the HF
blues that is already inducing. Makes me feel a better about my plans to
abandon HF in favor of a higher calling.

And the ARRLs new podcast, The Doctor is In is set to hit Ethernet wherever
you sip from the firehose.