Old November 7th 16, 12:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [KE9V] QSO with Bill Murray, W9VC

Jeff Davis, KE9V

QSO with Bill Murray, W9VC

https://ke9v.net/2016/11/06/qso-with-bill-murray-w9vc/

I met Bill Murray, W9VC at our local QRP Club several years ago and have
always been fascinated at his approach to the hobby.

Bill enjoys building his own tube-type gear from parts salvaged from his
frequent hamfest forays, often challenging himself to see how many
transmitters he can build from a single salvaged radio.

Because he builds so much tube-type equipment, he has become an expert and
collector of tube-testing gear. He shared that with us at a recent club
meeting and suddenly, there was another facet of the hobby that I found
interesting.

He’s a CW-only operator who also enjoys taking radio with him on his many
trail adventures in Michigan.

Bill was interviewed recently for the QSO Today podcast and I think you
might find it interesting.
Filed under: Ham Radio

[100WW] Caryn Eve Murray, KD2GUT of Amateur Radio Newsline 100WW via rec.radio.info Admin Info 0 April 22nd 16 11:22 PM
[KE9V] Getting it Together KE9V via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin Homebrew 0 March 31st 16 03:16 PM
Murray Neece - K5MDM John Swap 3 October 25th 06 11:42 PM
Good Guy Alert...........Murray Green Pete KE9OA Shortwave 0 July 18th 05 08:18 AM
is your cable TV bill or utility bill high enough ? [email protected] Shortwave 15 January 15th 05 05:00 PM