Old May 23rd 04, 05:33 AM
Ed Bailen

Default Calibratable Field Strength Meter?

My wife recently had a defibrillator implanted. The folks that
manufactured it kindly sent her an email discussing the varoius bands
and field strengths it had been tested against E field and H field).
She is concerned about exposure to RF both from our mobile VHF and HF
operations, and from the un-shielded multi-gigahertz processors in her
lab. We would like to come up with an absolute (not relative) field
strength meter that we can use to evaluate field strengths (mainly E
field) at various frequencies. I could not find anything on Google.

I can cobble something together wirh an antenna, a tuned front end, a
detector, and a peak sampler, but how to calibrate it?

Any suggestions?

TNX Ed Bailen - N5KZW