Old June 20th 04, 01:38 AM
Bill Hennessy

Default Double gate FET

Does anyone know where I can get a double gate fet like the old 40673?
I know Ocean State has it but it's kind of high $8.50, I know their are
others like the 3N201 and BF900. But can't seem to find them anyplace.

Bill, N5NOB
Old June 20th 04, 02:23 AM
Richard Heindel

Here is a promising link: http://www.electronics-plus.com/Merc...s/BACKUP6.html
The MFE201 is a good replacement for the old 40673.

Richard WB8KRN

Old June 20th 04, 03:18 AM
Ken Scharf

Bill Hennessy wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a double gate fet like the old 40673? I
know Ocean State has it but it's kind of high $8.50, I know their are
others like the 3N201 and BF900. But can't seem to find them anyplace.

Bill, N5NOB

I think they are now over $10 each in Ocean State's newest catalog I
just got in the mail!

I saw a web page somewheres showing that you can simulate a dual gate
mosfet with two jfets in series cascade. J310's work well in this
circuit and they are cheap.
Old June 20th 04, 03:32 AM
John Miles

In article ,
says...
Here is a promising link:
http://www.electronics-plus.com/Merc...s/BACKUP6.html
The MFE201 is a good replacement for the old 40673.

Richard WB8KRN

"Bill Hennessy" wrote in message m...
Does anyone know where I can get a double gate fet like the old 40673?
I know Ocean State has it but it's kind of high $8.50, I know their are
others like the 3N201 and BF900. But can't seem to find them anyplace.

Bill, N5NOB

40673s can also still be purchased as the NTE 222.

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam
Old June 20th 04, 07:35 AM
Leon Heller

"Bill Hennessy" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know where I can get a double gate fet like the old 40673?
I know Ocean State has it but it's kind of high $8.50, I know their are
others like the 3N201 and BF900. But can't seem to find them anyplace.

Current dual-gate MOSFETs like the Philips BF991 shouldn't be difficult to
find. Packages are very small though, the BF991 is SOT243B.

73, Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Old June 20th 04, 08:26 AM
Gary Morton

Bill Hennessy wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a double gate fet like the old 40673? I
know Ocean State has it but it's kind of high $8.50, I know their are
others like the 3N201 and BF900. But can't seem to find them anyplace.

Bill, N5NOB

Bill,

if you don't mind going international, J.Birkett of Lincoln has been
advertising the 40673s for £1.50 (around $2.50?) for the past two months.
Seems a good price to me for a hard to find device. Check out a copy of Radcom
if you can find on over there.

regards...

--Gary

Old June 20th 04, 09:54 AM
Eamon Skelton

Bill Hennessy wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a double gate fet like the old 40673? I
know Ocean State has it but it's kind of high $8.50, I know their are
others like the 3N201 and BF900. But can't seem to find them anyplace.

Bill, N5NOB

BF961 and BF981. Both well under a $.
See: http://www.grandata.co.uk/

73, Ed. EI9GQ.

--
Remove 'X' to reply by E-mail.
Linux 2.6.7
Old June 20th 04, 10:08 AM
Eamon Skelton

Eamon Skelton wrote:

See: http://www.grandata.co.uk/

Or closer to home:
http://www.rfparts.com/2sk.html#3sk

73, Ed. EI9GQ.

--
Remove 'X' to reply by E-mail.
Linux 2.6.7
Old June 20th 04, 11:20 AM
Highland Ham

Does anyone know where I can get a double gate fet like the old 40673? I
know Ocean State has it but it's kind of high $8.50, I know their are
others like the 3N201 and BF900. But can't seem to find them anyplace.

Bill, N5NOB

BF961 and BF981. Both well under a $.
See: http://www.grandata.co.uk/

==========================
from Mode Components - Birmingham ,UK www.modecomponents.co.uk
BF961 GBP 0.56 equiv. US$ 0.80
BF981 GBP 0.80 equiv. US$ 1.20

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

tnx Ed for grandata website info

Old June 20th 04, 12:04 PM
Leon Heller

"Gary Morton" wrote in message
Bill Hennessy wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a double gate fet like the old 40673? I
know Ocean State has it but it's kind of high $8.50, I know their are
others like the 3N201 and BF900. But can't seem to find them anyplace.

Bill, N5NOB

Bill,

if you don't mind going international, J.Birkett of Lincoln has been
advertising the 40673s for £1.50 (around $2.50?) for the past two months.
Seems a good price to me for a hard to find device. Check out a copy of

Radcom
if you can find on over there.

Here is their web page:

http://www.zyra.org.uk/birkett.htm

I was in Lincoln once and looked them up - piles of electronic junk, some of
it useful.

Leon