Old June 30th 04, 10:08 AM
mac

Default one tube xtal tx

Hello

I am looking for schematics and any other help in making one tube CW QRP
transmitter for 80m band, BATTERY operated. I think about 3s4t or 1t4t
(DL96, df96).
What is minimal anode voltage (typical is 67,5v) which I can use with
this lamp?

MAc
Old June 30th 04, 02:31 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

mac wrote:
I am looking for schematics and any other help in making one tube CW QRP
transmitter for 80m band, BATTERY operated. I think about 3s4t or 1t4t
(DL96, df96).
What is minimal anode voltage (typical is 67,5v) which I can use with
this lamp?

You'll probably get better answers, but...

I once had an old MW radio that used tubes of this kind. It worked fine
with only 18V on the anodes. (two 9V batteries in series)

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old June 30th 04, 05:48 PM
mac

Many thanks to Doug and Richard.
Of course I will take with pleasure any other help or informations.
After my success with cubic incher, pixie and aquarius i want to try (or
rather return) to tubes. My first transmitter was ECL82 ;-)

MAc
sp9mrn
Old June 30th 04, 05:53 PM
Tim Wescott

mac wrote:

Hello

I am looking for schematics and any other help in making one tube CW QRP
transmitter for 80m band, BATTERY operated. I think about 3s4t or 1t4t
(DL96, df96).
What is minimal anode voltage (typical is 67,5v) which I can use with
this lamp?

MAc

Doing an altavista search on "glowbug" will turn up at least one battery
powered transmitter project, and lots of fun tube stuff.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Old June 30th 04, 06:14 PM
mac

It was the KEYword that I was looking for ;-)
Thank You

MAc
Old July 1st 04, 11:35 AM
Uncle Peter

19 tube should be fun, I'd go with around 67 or greater for the plate.

Pete

"mac" wrote in message
Hello

I am looking for schematics and any other help in making one tube CW QRP
transmitter for 80m band, BATTERY operated. I think about 3s4t or 1t4t
(DL96, df96).
What is minimal anode voltage (typical is 67,5v) which I can use with
this lamp?

MAc

Need "Original" (1937 era) 6U5 Tuning Eye Tube Mdcalvert Boatanchors 1 April 7th 04 11:06 PM
F.S. EICO 667 Tube Tester Kb2rev Equipment 0 March 12th 04 10:31 PM
F.S. EICO 667 Tube Tester Kb2rev Equipment 0 March 12th 04 10:31 PM
Tube tester query? k3hvg Boatanchors 4 February 2nd 04 01:47 AM
FS: Old tube sockets, 4, 5, 6, 7 pin, Hammurlund, GR, ceramic, phenolic,matching plugs, extenders Al Schapira Boatanchors 0 January 19th 04 10:54 PM