Old July 1st 04, 08:45 PM
J M Noeding

Default Alexanderson generatoor transmits on 17.2kHz next week-end

THE ALEXANDERSON TRANSMISSION IN 2004

Also this year there will be a transmission with the Alexanderson
alternator on VLF 17,2 kHz, now on Sunday 4th July at:

08:30 UTC
10:30 UTC
12:30 UTC

The UNESCO Committee will have a meeting in Beijing, China in the last
week of June, and will then decide whether Grimeton Radio will be
included in The World Heritage List, or not. So the message sent on
Sunday July 4th will include information about the result. We keep our
fingers crossed!

The Radio Station will be open to visitors 10:00-16:00 Swedish time.

The number of visitors has increased noticeably during the last years,
from 300 to 500 and last year to almost 800. The weather has been
extremely good, so far.

We have had some problems with the keying of the transmitter last
years and hope it will be better now. "Dots" has been missing quite
often (not the operators fault!!).

The amateurs will operate a transmitter with the call "SA6Q" on 20
meter band during the day:

14.035 MHz CW

14.215 MHz SSB

QSL for both "SAQ" and "SA6Q" via:

E-mail:

Fax: +46-340-674195

Mail: Alexander - Grimeton Veteranradios Vaenner, Radiostationen,
Grimeton 72,
SE-430 16 ROLFSTORP, SWEDEN

or via SM-bureau.

For further info see our web site:
www.alexander.n.se

Regards

SM6NM/Lars
---
it was rather strong here two years ago (0.5mV on my active antenna),
and was reported from several places around the world - not only in
Europe
---
J. M. Noeding, LA8AK, N-4623 Kristiansand
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c.htm
Old July 1st 04, 10:32 PM
john graesser

"J M Noeding" wrote in message
THE ALEXANDERSON TRANSMISSION IN 2004

Also this year there will be a transmission with the Alexanderson
alternator on VLF 17,2 kHz, now on Sunday 4th July at:

17,2KHZ? Isn't that at the upper end of human hearing? Well within a dogs
hearing range?
thanks, John.
KC5DWD

Old July 1st 04, 11:14 PM
J M Noeding

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:32:54 -0500, "john graesser"
wrote:

"J M Noeding" wrote in message
.. .
THE ALEXANDERSON TRANSMISSION IN 2004

Also this year there will be a transmission with the Alexanderson
alternator on VLF 17,2 kHz, now on Sunday 4th July at:

17,2KHZ? Isn't that at the upper end of human hearing? Well within a dogs
hearing range?
thanks, John.
KC5DWD

suppose you think that somebody really shouldn't need a telephone
because they talk so loud, and particularly not radio?

But this transmitter uses normal cw, and the tone is pure T9

---
Old July 1st 04, 11:21 PM
Sverre Holm

17,2KHZ? Isn't that at the upper end of human hearing? Well within a dogs
hearing range?

Yes, except for the small, but very significant difference between
electromagnetic and acoustic waves!

--
S Holm, LA3ZA
---------------------------------

Old July 1st 04, 11:26 PM
JGBOYLES

17,2KHZ? Isn't that at the upper end of human hearing? Well within a dogs
hearing range?
thanks, John.
KC5DWD

Hi John, 17.2khz audio is not audible to me because I am to old. 17.2khz RF
or electromagnetic radiation is usually not audible to anyone, even dogs. I am
sure if you were too close to a very strong 17.2khz EM field you could feel
something or hear the effect the radiation had on close in objects, but I don't
think you could hear the EM. Sound waves and EM waves are two different
things.
73 Gary N4AST