Old July 7th 04, 03:56 PM
Terry

Default '73 Magazine'?

Is the 73 magazine still published?
If not when did it cease?
Seems to be a most interesting magazine for amateur constructors.
For example I have a November 1966 issue that; "Is published by 73 Inc.
Peterborough New Hampshire. 03458 ..... "
Publisher Wayne Green W2NSD, Editor Paul Franson WA1CCH.
Many thanks for any info or comments.
Terry.

Old July 7th 04, 04:49 PM
Michael Black

"Terry" ) writes:
Is the 73 magazine still published?
If not when did it cease?
Seems to be a most interesting magazine for amateur constructors.
For example I have a November 1966 issue that; "Is published by 73 Inc.
Peterborough New Hampshire. 03458 ..... "
Publisher Wayne Green W2NSD, Editor Paul Franson WA1CCH.
Many thanks for any info or comments.
Terry.

No, the magazine died last fall (or was it the fall before?).

Of course, it had changed quite a bit since 1966.

Michael VE2BVW

Old July 7th 04, 06:33 PM
Gary S.

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 12:26:43 -0230, "Terry"
wrote:

Is the 73 magazine still published?
If not when did it cease?
Seems to be a most interesting magazine for amateur constructors.
For example I have a November 1966 issue that; "Is published by 73 Inc.
Peterborough New Hampshire. 03458 ..... "
Publisher Wayne Green W2NSD, Editor Paul Franson WA1CCH.
Many thanks for any info or comments.
Terry.

See this article:
http://www.stealthpegasus.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=125

Some libraries may have it.

Ham fests may occasionally have stacks of old magazines as well.

The publisher used to sell CDs of back issues. Not sure where to find
them now.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old July 7th 04, 07:43 PM
Terry

Many thanks to all who replied.
I found the article describing the decision to cease publishing; but
searching could not found a source for any CDs.
CDs would presumably be a very compact way to store 73 literature. Any URLS?
Thanks again. Terry.

Old July 7th 04, 07:50 PM
Bob Liesenfeld

John Walton wrote:

You can get CD-ROM's, however.

Source for these?

Thanks
Bob WB0POQ
Old July 7th 04, 08:52 PM
R J Carpenter

"Terry" ) writes:
Is the 73 magazine still published?
If not when did it cease?
Seems to be a most interesting magazine for amateur constructors.
For example I have a November 1966 issue that; "Is published by 73 Inc.
Peterborough New Hampshire. 03458 ..... "
Publisher Wayne Green W2NSD, Editor Paul Franson WA1CCH.
Many thanks for any info or comments.
Terry.

No, the magazine died last fall (or was it the fall before?).

Of course, it had changed quite a bit since 1966.

But the projects were just as technically hopelessly unreliable, IMO.

Old July 7th 04, 09:01 PM
Gary S.

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:50:04 -0500, Bob Liesenfeld
wrote:

John Walton wrote:

You can get CD-ROM's, however.

Source for these?

Thanks
Bob WB0POQ

I remember they were offered through the magazine before they went out
of business. No sign of them on the web since then, although Wayne
Green is out there selling various books that he has written.

Old July 7th 04, 10:35 PM
Roger Gt

"R J Carpenter" wrote in message
:
: But the projects were just as technically hopelessly unreliable,
IMO.
:

Fortunately we don't rely on YOUR opinion.

I built several of the projects, and they work fine! As shown
usually.

Old July 8th 04, 10:43 AM
Marty

"Terry" ) writes:
Is the 73 magazine still published?
If not when did it cease?
Seems to be a most interesting magazine for amateur constructors.
For example I have a November 1966 issue that; "Is published by 73

Inc.
Peterborough New Hampshire. 03458 ..... "
Publisher Wayne Green W2NSD, Editor Paul Franson WA1CCH.
Many thanks for any info or comments.
Terry.

No, the magazine died last fall (or was it the fall before?).

Of course, it had changed quite a bit since 1966.

But the projects were just as technically hopelessly unreliable, IMO.

Sure it was the projects at fault, or the skills of the constructor???

The best projects in the world aren't much good in the hands of a
technically hopelessly unreliable constructor....

IMHO