Old July 7th 04, 05:11 PM
Rude Dog

Default Wide Freq Range?

I hope members of this group can help me. I am in the Army National Guard
and I am charged with setting up emergency communications for my unit. I
need a transceiver that has a wide frequency range that can be issued to
our civilian emergency responders for commo with our land mobile units (we
cannot issue our military radios). I am looking for approximately 60 MHZ
thru 500 MHZ.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Old July 7th 04, 11:44 PM
clifto

Rude Dog wrote:
I hope members of this group can help me.Â*Â*IÂ*amÂ*inÂ*theÂ*ArmyÂ*NationalÂ*Guard
and I am charged with setting up emergency communications for my unit.Â*Â*I
needÂ*Â*aÂ*transceiverÂ*thatÂ*hasÂ*aÂ*wideÂ*freque ncyÂ*rangeÂ*thatÂ*canÂ*beÂ*issuedÂ*to
our civilian emergency responders for commo with our land mobile units (we
cannot issue our military radios).Â*Â*IÂ*amÂ*lookingÂ*forÂ*approximatelyÂ*60 Â*MHZ
thru 500 MHZ.

Besides the obvious equipment limitation, there may be laws limiting what
you want to do. The Guard *might* escape prosecution, but your volunteers
might not.

I wonder if there might be military surplus gear available that fits?

--
Spammers are people who are too lazy and cowardly to rob liquor stores, but
still want to make money by stealing instead of working.
Old July 8th 04, 01:57 AM
Bellview Hospital

You must follow FCC rules and regs.
Depends on what your land mobile units modulation is, AM, FM, SSB, SS, FHSS
?
You can get narrowband FM radios cheap in some parts of the bands you
indicated and use "talk around"
Or just get cellphones.

Old July 8th 04, 09:39 AM
Gregg

Drake, Signal, Collins and Harris all have units that can do from
DC-Daylight trancieive.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Old July 8th 04, 06:57 PM
Airy R. Bean

The Brits do not support the religious loony Blair in his
thirst for blood.

"Tdonaly" wrote in message
Airy R. Bean wrote,
The wisdom, or, rather, the complete lack of it, is apparent now.
Saddam Hussein has done some wicked things, almost as wicked as
Ronnie Reagan in Nicaragua, but Hussein was a paper tiger at the
end, controlled by UN Sanctions. There was no point to the war, and
just like the attack on the World Trade Centre by Al Q'Aeda, was
initiated by religious loonies, Blair, Windsor and Bush. Many people have
died needlessly to suit the political ambitions of this Terrible Trio.

The British pot calling the American kettle black.

Old July 9th 04, 05:03 PM
Tdonaly

Rude Dog wrote,

Regardless of your political position one point is clear. We must win this
war on terrorism.

You can't actually win a war against an ism. Humans have been terrorizing
each other since the dawn of man and will continue to do so until they
become extinct. We use it ourselves against our enemies whenever the
need arises. The current use of the the words "war on terrorism" is
designed to get a soft-minded public to support the government's effort to
secure
the last vestiges of middle-east oil, and has very little to do with defending
ourselves against Muslim religious fanatics.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

Old July 10th 04, 12:31 AM
JGBOYLES

The current use of the the words "war on terrorism" is designed to get a
soft-minded public to support the government's effort to secure the last
vestiges of middle-east oil, and has very little to do with defending
ourselves against Muslim religious fanatics.

Hi Tom, How do you know all this? I hope it is not from conclusions developed
from the 5 O'Clock News. They tell you what they want you to hear. Have you
been over there to see what was going on? I am really interested.
These newsgroups have a history of providing references to bold theory
statements. Can you provide conclusive references to your non-technical,
political, don't belong here statements? I enjoy reading your on-topic
posts:-)
73 Gary N4AST
Old July 10th 04, 04:35 PM
Tdonaly

Gary wrote,

The current use of the the words "war on terrorism" is designed to get a

soft-minded public to support the government's effort to secure the last
vestiges of middle-east oil, and has very little to do with defending
ourselves against Muslim religious fanatics.

Hi Tom, How do you know all this? I hope it is not from conclusions
developed
from the 5 O'Clock News. They tell you what they want you to hear. Have you
been over there to see what was going on? I am really interested.
These newsgroups have a history of providing references to bold theory
statements. Can you provide conclusive references to your non-technical,
political, don't belong here statements? I enjoy reading your on-topic
posts:-)
73 Gary N4AST

I guess you don't agree with my "non-technical, political, don't belong here

statements." I was responding to another non-technical, political, don't
belong here statement by a person who was responding to another non-technical,
political, don't belong here statement by some eccentric Brit.
What we need is a group devoted to off-topic posts. :-)
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

Old July 11th 04, 12:10 AM
JGBOYLES

What we need is a group devoted to off-topic posts. :-)

Yes. I think they have them, but I have never ventured there.
73 Gary N4AST