Old July 9th 04, 10:53 AM
Harry - SM0VPO

Default VHF Prescalers?

Where have all the VHF prescalers gone?

A project I am designing worked with the MB501 (SA701 / MC12022 / SP8704),
but it is now obsolete.
I managed to find a few MB506 chips so board was modified to suite. Now the
source has dried up.

I have searched the web, visited 1000s of sites, all without success.

Anyone have any suggestions for a DIL or SIL VHF prescaler chip that will
operate to 146 / 150MHz?

Perhaps I can use a n SMD (1.27mm pins) on a little PCB that plugs into the
MB506 socket? Any ideas?

The project is for education, so I don't want to stuff the complete synth in
a single chip. The object is that all stages of the synth are accessible
with a scope, or SA, for demonstration.

BR Harry Lythall (alias Lippitz)

+46 73 629 5002

(Quite warm = hot. Post = mail. Make changes as necessary.)

Old July 9th 04, 11:10 AM
Harold E. Johnson

"Harry - SM0VPO" wrote in message
Where have all the VHF prescalers gone?

Check Barend. Has plenty.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~barendh/Indexeng.htm

W4ZCB

Old July 9th 04, 03:51 PM
Tim Wescott

Harry - SM0VPO wrote:

[...]

Digi-key has a number of them from Infineon and NEC; On semiconductor
lists 8 in current production. I think all the through-hole ones will
have dried up because at those frequencies the package really gets in
the way of the signal, so you should probably plan on using SMD.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services