Old July 17th 04, 02:01 AM
FishMan

Default wanted air-403 wind gen

wanted air-403 12-volt wind generator
new or used. will swap icom 746
hf-vhf transceiver.

serious offers please.
would appreciate spare blades,misc parts
with the wind gen unit aswell. as my old
one was destroyed in a storm, i rely soley off the grid and live full
time on the water.
Old July 18th 04, 02:17 AM
Highland Ham

wanted air-403 12-volt wind generator
new or used. will swap icom 746
hf-vhf transceiver.

serious offers please.
would appreciate spare blades,misc parts
with the wind gen unit aswell. as my old
one was destroyed in a storm, i rely soley off the grid and live full
time on the water.

Considering your experience with a wind generator ,destroyed in a storm , I
am using a (only) 150 Watts wind generator in combination with 2 , 64Wp
solar panels for my ham station + peripherals and desk lighting.

The wind generator make Marlec has a 'furling'tail meaning that up to a wind
speed of 16 m/sec the tail is perpendicular to the rotor, meaning the rotor
blades face the wind fully.
Above this wind speed the hinged tail moves off its normal limit stop and
since it follows the direction of the wind the rotor blades are turned away
from the wind direction and at increasing wind speed up to its other limit
stop when (in a roaring storm) the blades hardly rotate. Living at a
wind swept location in northern Scotland , my machine over the years has
graciously survived a number of up to 160 km/hour (100 miles per hour)
events.

Marlec also manufacture a larger furling machine the Rutland Furlmatic 1803
,which produces a 60 Amperes charging current at nominally 12 volts or 30
Amperes at 24 volts.
By now they might have an even larger capacity machine.

e-mail : www.marlec.co.uk

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH