Old July 17th 04, 10:44 PM
Rafael Lopez

Default htx-202

I just got this radio last night. It's supposed to have a built in
mic. How can I test the mic? What button do i push?
I already read the online manuals for it but it doesn't even tell you
how to do the most simplest things.

http://support.radioshack.com/produc...Radios&Reuse=N

thanks

Old July 17th 04, 11:32 PM
JGBOYLES

I just got this radio last night. It's supposed to have a built in
mic. How can I test the mic? What button do i push?

If you are in the United States, you must have a License to operate that radio.

I already read the online manuals for it but it doesn't even tell you
how to do the most simplest things.

The manual does caution you about the License thing. If you do have the proper
License, you can test the microphone by turning the radio on, pressing the push
to talk switch, and speaking towards the front of the radio. If you can hear
your voice in a receiver tuned to the same frequency as the HTX transmitter,
then the microphone is working. Don't forget to ID when doing this test.
Another easy test would be to contact someone on your local repeater, and ask
them how the mic. sounds.

73 Gary N4AST
Old July 17th 04, 11:54 PM
bonos

Rafael, have you tried the Spanish Translation version at that link?
It is somewhat different.