Old July 21st 04, 12:16 AM
Almir

Default Want to make a passive SWL preselector

Hi!

I am interested in making my own SWL preselector..

Anyone knows where I can find information in the web or direct me to
where I can find the information needed to make one?

Thanks..
Alvin Mirabal
WP4IDK
Old July 21st 04, 02:37 AM
J999w

Google to the rescue!

"Simple antenna tuner":

http://www.radiohc.org/Distributions...na-tuner2.html

http://www.antennex.com/hws/ws0500/pinet.htm

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx...lab/tuner.html

http://www.qsl.net/wb3gck/tuner.htm

Go nuts ... have fun.

jw
k9rzz
Old July 21st 04, 11:47 PM
Almir

John..

Thanks for the websites.. I will keep them as reference..

Unfortunately an antenna tuner and a preselector are not exactly
the same thing as most people think..

But thanks for the information provided.. as a matter of
fact I am going to make a mini-tuner from one of your sources..

Thanks a bundle!

:-)

73's

Alvin WP4IDK

Old July 21st 04, 11:50 PM
Almir

Hi!

Well.. not exactly for the medium wave band.. but mostly
for the 120 and 90 meter shortwave bands.

Do you have information available?

Thanks..
Alvin
WP4IDK

J M Noeding wrote in message . ..
On 20 Jul 2004 16:16:42 -0700, (Almir) wrote:

Hi!

I am interested in making my own SWL preselector..

Anyone knows where I can find information in the web or direct me to
where I can find the information needed to make one?

Thanks..
Alvin Mirabal
WP4IDK

for medium wave band?

---
J. M. Noeding, LA8AK, N-4623 Kristiansand
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c.htm

Old July 22nd 04, 08:31 AM
Gregg

Behold, J M Noeding signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

On 21 Jul 2004 15:50:39 -0700, (Almir) wrote:

Hi!

Well.. not exactly for the medium wave band.. but mostly for the 120 and
90 meter shortwave bands.

Do you have information available?

Thanks..
Alvin
WP4IDK

I've shown one covering 1.75-7.2MHz with single tuning capacitor and two
equal coils on
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c21.htm - no difficult coil
winding.

I like that one!

Only I'll use 2 x 12AT7 and a 6AL5 ;-)

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"