Old August 3rd 04, 10:59 AM
Paul Burridge

Default VN88 Fets as linear amp

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:36:19 +1000, Alan Peake
wrote:

Hi all,
Has anyone had experience with the Siliconix Vmos VN88? I've got a
pair running as a 1W linear on 40M and 80M but I've no idea of their
potential. They seem to have a much higher input impedance than
equivalently powered bipolars but I really don't have much of a feel for
this.
Any ideas on maximising ouput would be greatly appreciated,
Alan

They are obsolete now, I'm afraid. Not exactly a great choice for this
application. You'd be better off picking a newer, more suitable Mosfet
and starting from scratch if it's more power you're interested in.
BTW, it's a characteristic of all Mosfets to have a *very* high input
impedance as virtually no current flows through the gate, they're very
easy to drive, especially for types with a low gate/source capacitance
figure.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.